*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Really....... the faff with controller support and SWICD was one of the things that put me off using Windows on the Deck. Hmmmm.
Yep, it's awesome. If you hold the start button (3 lines button) it changes from desktop input to game input (controller activated) also lots of shortcuts via steam + other buttons now.

DSC-0400.jpg

He's also added SteamOS fan curve, tdp adjustment, refresh rate, SMT disable/enable, on the debug version you can even set cpu and gpu clocks all within game.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Brilliant.
would i need 2 SD cards, one for windows (gamepass) and one for everything else (emulation etc) ?
really need to find a good post with everything i need to do when i receive the deck (installing SD cards, where to buy windows and installing it etc)

Brilliant.
would i need 2 SD cards, one for windows (gamepass) and one for everything else (emulation etc) ?
really need to find a good post with everything i need to do when i receive the deck (installing SD cards, where to buy windows and installing it etc)
That's entirely down to you, if you want to use separate SD cards or not.

You'll want to create a bootable USB / SD card with the windows 11 iso to install it, plenty of guides on the net for that.

Follow this guide for Windows on the deck: https://github.com/baldsealion/Steamdeck-Ultimate-Windows11-Guide/wiki

Last edited:
Well you need to think about how much things you want to do this or whether you want to plug it into a monitor or TV
My brain is over flowing with what i want to do with the deck,
im trying to get all the basic information i need to know regarding how and where to buy windows and installing it onto the deck, do all the game launchers work on the deck (especially gamepass/ea origin)
most of the time i will be using it as a handheld device but now and again i would like the opportunity to hook it up to either my old tv or monitor,

so much info i need lol.
need a “all the information you need to know and what can be done when you receive a steam deck”

Last edited:
Windows using this guide : https://github.com/baldsealion/Steamdeck-Ultimate-Windows11-Guide/wiki

No need for Steam OS anymore.

Forgot how good Red Dead Redemption is, not played it for years, really nice experience on the deck. Think I'm going to play through the whole game! Dare I say it's better than RDR2?
Ive followed the guide and im all setup, thank you again for that.

One problem Im encountering, while controller works in steam fine, if i try to use cloud gaming on gamepass it says theres no controller attached, any ideas?

I followed the controller installation in the correct order i believe!

Ive followed the guide and im all setup, thank you again for that.

One problem Im encountering, while controller works in steam fine, if i try to use cloud gaming on gamepass it says theres no controller attached, any ideas?

I followed the controller installation in the correct order i believe!
Are you using SWICD? You don't need to use it anymore (do you have power tools?) The guy who made that has made a great controller setup app. Check here: https://github.com/ayufan/steam-deck-tools#4-steam-controller

Works fine with gamepass.

So remove everything in hidhide, and uncheck everything. Pause the SWICD driver and close/delete it. And use the power tools steam controller.exe from now on.

Last edited:
do you still get the odd game where controls are messed up? I tried a few game pass games which all worked as intended but then tried soccer story and it was a mess in controls.
Only game I've had issues with is PUBG, it keeps switching to keyboard then controller in game on its own every second. I'll try Soccer Story today

Back
Top Bottom