*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Permabanned
thanks, did you find it ran ok? Ill maybe just stream it till i work out whats up

I did notice in controllers i have two shown in there, is that normal?
Runs fine.

Did you remove the emulated joystick/gamepad from windows? Go to game controllers you should only have this :
DSC-0411.jpg

If you have the emulated ones then it will clash and you'll have issues.

Soldato
Yeah runs fine here.
So I’m nearly working, all my buttons map correctly other than a, b and left on the d-pad, they all go back or I guess one is enter l, any ideas where I’ve gone wrong ?

I’ve disabled the other two devices so only Xbox controller is shown in controllers but testing the buttons , a , b and left ( left changes window) all take me back out of the test

I think I got it, I had to tick lizard mode or something in the app

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a heads up if you register on the steam website and watch the live stream of the Game Awards Show tonight via Steam, Valve are giving away a steam deck every minute of the show.
Sucks for us in the UK as it will be 12.30am to 3.30am

Last edited:
Reactions: HRL
Associate
Has anyone upgraded the internal ssd? I'm constantly running out of space and thinking of putting in a larger one (1 or 2TB) and was wonderring if worth it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone upgraded the internal ssd? I'm constantly running out of space and thinking of putting in a larger one (1 or 2TB) and was wonderring if worth it?

Aye, I bought the 64GB version and a 256GB SSD off the rainforest for only £24. I paired this with a decent 1TB SD card which I reckon is the smart move in terms of money saving and usability, as 256GB internally is loads of room for your OS and stuff (which fills up!), and maybe a few games that may benefit from SSD speed.

A 1TB SSD for the deck is pretty expensive at the moment so I'm not sure it's worth it - All my testing shows running games from an SD card is just fine. (and get a used SD card or good deal on one if you can as 1TB SD cards are a rip off generally too. 512GB SD cards are much better value, and there's nothing stopping you running several and swapping out).

In terms of taking the deck apart and installing a new SSD - it's fairly 'easy' if you've done this kind of thing before, but a bit intimidating if you haven't. You will NEED the sort of tools you use to take apart a phone (little plastic priser tools and stuff) and it's getting the back off the deck that is sort of the hardest part really, as you don't want to damage or snap anything. For god's sake don't try and prise it apart with a metal screwdriver or anything like that. You will **** up that lovely smooth new plastic casing! The back case does seem well built and relatively strong though.

Also, once inside make sure you remember exactly where the screws you take out need to go back. I was blasé and didn't and ended up putting one in the wrong hole and then the back wouldn't fit back on flush and I thought I'd ****** it up. But all was good in the end. There are some decent teardown videos out there to guide you along....

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone played jedi fallen order with origin instead of steam ? i have it on origin and want to play through it gain before survivor but wondering if i need to buy it again on steam to play it on the deck

Back
Top Bottom