*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

JSAUX now has a clear back shell with a cooling plate for the CPU/GPU, seems to work pretty well, knocks a few degrees off and the fan speed is lower so a quieter deck. Ordered one to try out as the deck fan can get annoying at high speeds in very demanding games.

Easy to install as well, should only take few minutes as it's only the back cover.

Really like the look this gives, hadn't realised it drops the temp too. I just don't know if I'd trust myself pulling the deck apart

I have heard a lot of people going for the Sabrent one (1TB), usually oos and preorder.

so i have the 64g version of the deck and a couple of 512 sd cards if i get my hands on a ssd can i dual boot windows and steamOS via that ?
I think so.

Although I have had zero reason to dual boot. Maybe that's because I've been using Linux for a few years so I'm quite comfortable with it.

I have heard a lot of people going for the Sabrent one (1TB), usually oos and preorder.

so i have the 64g version of the deck and a couple of 512 sd cards if i get my hands on a ssd can i dual boot windows and steamOS via that ?

Just get a small 2230 nvme, 128/256GB, which is plenty for each OS and use a separate MicroSD for each systems games. Readily available and cheaper.

Anyone using dual screens with the official dock? How is it working out? Currently have the JSAUX one and after the firmware update it's working great with my main screen, but would like to hook up my second monitor as well. Also curious if having two 1440p screens will limit what refresh rate they can run at. With the JSAUX on HDMI I'm limited to 100Hz.

Just get a small 2230 nvme, 128/256GB, which is plenty for each OS and use a separate MicroSD for each systems games. Readily available and cheaper.
Never thought of going that way, just assumed i need a 1tb ssd, but as i already have 2 512gb sd cards for games and emulations i just basically need enough storage to dual boot windows and steamos.
thankyou bud,
any suggestions of which brand to look out for ?

Never thought of going that way, just assumed i need a 1tb ssd, but as i already have 2 512gb sd cards for games and emulations i just basically need enough storage to dual boot windows and steamos.
thankyou bud,
any suggestions of which brand to look out for ?

Samsung Evo Select is the go to choice, but Sandisk Ultra A1 will also be fine.

Anyone bought a Steamdeck recently?

Trying to find out who Valve are using for shipping within the UK.

I ordered one on Sunday and it's out for delivery with Parcel Force today. Pretty speedy considering.

Only went for the 64GB but have a 256GB 2230 NVMe SSD sat here waiting to go in it. Will buy a 512GB or 1TB if I end up really liking it. Looking forward to having something to play around with and I figured this will be quite useful since I seem to spend a lot of time on Ferries between GB and Ireland and in hotels these days :)

Getting back into Red Dead Redemption 2 after a long pause. In fact I'm so rusty I started the story again. This game brought my R9 290X/I7 based PC to it's knees when it came out, yet here I am playing it on a handheld and it looks fantastic. Almost unbelievable.

Getting back into Red Dead Redemption 2 after a long pause. In fact I'm so rusty I started the story again. This game brought my R9 290X/I7 based PC to it's knees when it came out, yet here I am playing it on a handheld and it looks fantastic. Almost unbelievable.
I started the story a few times but never got into it. Maybe putting it on the deck is the way forward. Though I only have the Rockstar Launcher version. So might need a bit of faffing to get it going.

I started the story a few times but never got into it. Maybe putting it on the deck is the way forward. Though I only have the Rockstar Launcher version. So might need a bit of faffing to get it going.
Not too much faff. Download the rockstar launcher installer within desktop mode and add it as a non-steam game in steam. Run it within steam and install that way. Enable cloud sync in r* launcher.

Back
Top Bottom