*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Permabanned
Started RE4 HD Edition and looks pretty good, even has a mod menu with lots of features.

Installed the HD Edition with mods, forgot how nice to looks. Mod menu gives you lots of extras too. Runs great and looks fantastic on the Steam Deck too.

image.png

image-1.png

Resident-Evil-4.jpg

image-2.png

Resident-Evil-4.png

Some Reshade

Resident-Evil-4-RS.png

Some more Reshade tweaking, the DOF really adds to the feel that and many many other options.

Resident-Evil-4.png

Last edited:
Associate
JSAUX now has a clear back shell with a cooling plate for the CPU/GPU, seems to work pretty well, knocks a few degrees off and the fan speed is lower so a quieter deck. Ordered one to try out as the deck fan can get annoying at high speeds in very demanding games.

Easy to install as well, should only take few minutes as it's only the back cover.

Last edited:
Associate
That extra metal can/will become heat soaked pretty quickly though and it'll be relying purely on surface area to dissipate the heat, I'm not fully convinced it'd make a difference after 10minutes of playing a game but honestly I'd probably 'feel' it was doing some good and am kind of interested in it as a product (will wait for longer term usage so all the kinks get worked out)

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
That was on the plastic though, at least the Jsaux actually touches the internals. As I've said though, not that I imagine it'll do much.

EDIT: Looking at the ETA Prime vid he gets about 3/4 C drop in temp and ~900rpm lower on the fan (although he didn't actually mention the drop in fan speed), he does call out though that once heat soaked it likely won't be very different.

My thoughts are this is a good start, now imagine if the plate had screw mounts in the corners for add-ons...that'd be ripe for some tinkering

Last edited:
Soldato
It does seem like a good idea, but considering it's a flat surface then yeah, mostly as extra mass to soak heat. Maybe if it allowed you to mount a USB fan while having grooves for extra surface area it could help even more.

Reminds me of the heatsink mod Linus did, large heatsink, but once heat soaked it didn't do much. Only when they slapped on a fan to it it started doing wonders.

On the other hand, I am a sucker for clear shells...

Last edited:
Soldato
It does seem like a good idea, but considering it's a flat surface then yeah, mostly as extra mass to soak heat. Maybe if it allowed you to mount a USB fan while having grooves for extra surface area it could help even more.

Reminds me of the heatsink mod Linus did, large heatsink, but once heat soaked it didn't do much. Only when they slapped on a fan to it it started doing wonders.

On the other hand, I am a sucker for clear shells...
Didn't that have an 8tb nvme drive in it along with hall effect sticks?

Soldato
Didn't that have an 8tb nvme drive in it along with hall effect sticks?
I believe it did, they modded it like crazy. Managed to find the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DUWTteit-0

Rewatching it now I wonder if JSAUX was actually influenced from this...

EDIT: Was actually 3TB, I think I remember the 8TB mod being from someone else, and it involved PCIe risers popping out the back.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, they Dock and charge and output to whatever ports they have so much of a muchness in reality, although its nice to have an official one plus it comes with a charger.

Permabanned
Last edited:
Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom