*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Settled on a nice 30FPS lock with a mixture of Medium and low settings in Hogwarts. Sticks to this pretty much all the time with just occasional stutters / dips. Most of the settings changed from Med to Low I can't tell the difference on the SD screen so no real loss for a more consistent framerate. Being able to switch to playing it like this and then to my Sofa PC Setup (Flow Z13 w/3080 XG Mobile) @ 4K 60 (High with DLSS @ quality) is really quite nice. :)

Soldato
Just fitted a clear JSAUX back to my deck, looks great! Fit and finish is pretty good, not quite as good as standard, but I can live with a couple of very minor faults.

Soldato
I picked up this tomtoc case a couple of weeks back, it's incredible how slim the deck feels in this thing but I do miss being able to carry my charger in the stock case. It seems to have as decent protection as the stock case but I always worry about the analog sticks getting squished too much by objects outside the case.

I was waiting for a few reviews of dBrand's killswitch v2 case and it seems to be well received now, so I have that on backorder along with the travel kit. The travel kit has this trigger/stick/screen protector which is exactly what I've been after for a while. Hopefully the whole thing doesn't feel too chunky to play on after the killswtich is installed.

Last edited:
Associate
I picked up this tomtoc case a couple of weeks back, it's incredible how slim the deck feels in this thing but I do miss being able to carry my charger in the stock case. It seems to have as decent protection as the stock case but I always worry about the analog sticks getting squished too much by objects outside the case.

I was waiting for a few reviews of dBrand's killswitch v2 case and it seems to be well received now, so I have that on backorder along with the travel kit. The travel kit has this trigger/stick/screen protector which is exactly what I've been after for a while. Hopefully the whole thing doesn't feel too chunky to play on after the killswtich is installed.

I picked up the Tomtoc case too and it's much better than the stock case for carrying aound. I always struggled to get the charger to fit in the original case anyway. It probably works great with an EU/US plug, but UK just doesnt fit well.

Soldato
hmm dunno if I did something (if so it isn't fool proof), if I was unlucky or if it is a limitation of steam or steamdeck (I hope not as it renders it a bit pointless for me).

coming back from holiday I put 3 hrs into shadow complex. it's a great game, one I nearly finished on the 360 so I decided to start from scratch and go for it again.
obviously playing offline. I got back home and this morning an updating my pc after being off for a week and then I turned on my deck, got it back online and refreshed cloud saves. one of the achievemrnts showed on my account which is good... but I started the game just to make sure and...... my save is gone. it started a new game.
pretty fed up to be honest. not only about this 1 game (not sure I can face starting again a 3rd time tho). but if this is what the steamdeck experience is then it may not be for me. I primarily bought it for travel when I don't have internet.

is there a way to stop this happening again and have my saves correctly upload? and is there any way to get my save backor is it (as I suspect) deleted by the empty cloud save?
thanks

Associate
hmm dunno if I did something (if so it isn't fool proof), if I was unlucky or if it is a limitation of steam or steamdeck (I hope not as it renders it a bit pointless for me).

coming back from holiday I put 3 hrs into shadow complex. it's a great game, one I nearly finished on the 360 so I decided to start from scratch and go for it again.
obviously playing offline. I got back home and this morning an updating my pc after being off for a week and then I turned on my deck, got it back online and refreshed cloud saves. one of the achievemrnts showed on my account which is good... but I started the game just to make sure and...... my save is gone. it started a new game.
pretty fed up to be honest. not only about this 1 game (not sure I can face starting again a 3rd time tho). but if this is what the steamdeck experience is then it may not be for me. I primarily bought it for travel when I don't have internet.

is there a way to stop this happening again and have my saves correctly upload? and is there any way to get my save backor is it (as I suspect) deleted by the empty cloud save?
thanks
The only advice i can give is make sure you connect your steam deck to the internet before you boot your PC up so it will send the cloud save over to your steam then that save will show up on your PC steam account and not a version without the save which will then cloud save the unstarted game save, i think you will have lost your old save

Soldato
Has anyone done an RMA for their deck? My screen is acting funny when in desktop mode and they've accepted it to be sent to them. Just thinking how long im gonna deckless.

They're ok with me replacing the SSD right?

Back
Top Bottom