*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Doesn't mess anything up or require disassembly. Just get some silicone lubricant and put a tiny bit on something small and thin - I used a cotton bud with the cotton removed, and smear it on the stick stem. Then roll the stick around the socket to spread it. It'll make it feel smoother and over time the socket will wear smooth with use.

You can tell the stick has been rubbing on the socket as there will be a black streak on the stem. Mine has disappeared now after a few months of use. I only had to put the lubricant on once.

Just use a tiny amount. No need to use anything more than a tiny blob.
Thank you! Didn't even realise I had an issue until I read your post, but now it's super smooth .

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Ive messed around with Elden ring resolution settings and its not working on the deck now. :(

I had it plugged into dock and it was working great, I thought id try a higher resolution. Tried 1920x1080P. Now when it boots up, it just shows a white screen and hangs. Ive tried reverting it to original resolution and the default setting, it then just hangs after loading.

Tried different proton versions, and verifying the game cache but still no luck.

Dont know what to do, dont know if a reinstall will work.

Caporegime
One thing I am NOT impressed with, is how even when I shutdown the deck and leave it for a week... I come back and it's dead.

(Using the shutdown option, not just pressing the button).

I saw your post when you posted on the 16th, I've not switched on the Deck like a week before i went to Japan and i went to Japan on March 27th. So that was at least a month ago. I just turned it on now, 57% battery.

I am not sure what percentage it was, but it won't be 100%, probably in the 70's.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did valves test, and it was losing 1.5% every hour. I've since done there reset process thing, and will have a look this week if I get time to see if it improved things. One thing I will say is that it wouldn't charge more than 93% before, but was reporting fully charged. /facepalm.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I used a guide from Deck Wizard:

The only difference is I didn't re-build my deck form scratch, I used gParted to shrink the SSD partition down to give me space (I have a 512gb Deck so made a 80gb Windows partition).

Works well, and the dual boot menu makes it easy to switch between OS as required.

Windows isn't perfect, and I think I'll use SteamOS 90% of the time, just wanted windows for those few non-compatible games.

Last edited:
Associate
I used a guide from Deck Wizard:

The only difference is I didn't re-build my deck form scratch, I used gParted to shrink the SSD partition down to give me space (I have a 512gb Deck so made a 80gb Windows partition).

Works well, and the dual boot menu makes it easy to switch between OS as required.

Windows isn't perfect, and I think I'll use SteamOS 90% of the time, just wanted windows for those few non-compatible games.

As well as the video Si posted, this guide is great for configuring Windows Baldsealions Windows Guide

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I've been playing Forza 5 on Windows.. plays well but took me a while to get the controller working properly. I tried several options and settle don Steam Deck Tools as the best solution for this.

Although having Windows is cool, and opens up more options, I MUCH prefer SteamOS. it's just smoother, nicer on the eye, and just works (as you would expect)..

Soldato
I bought Trek To Yomi last night and thought it was running HORRIBLY... I forgot to turn off the TDP limit I had on for the previous game I was playing and didn't set it as a per-game profile :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom