*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
FYI all, file transfer from Windows machine to Steam Deck.
Install Warpinator on discovery store, Install Winpinator on Windows machine. Thats about it, launch both after setting the connnection group code on both and let auto discovery find the deck then send the file / folder you need on the deck. Transfer is quite quick, took 1 minute to transfer a 1GB zip file.

HUBs, Docks, wires and the like will soon be a thing of the past

Last edited:
Associate
Install Warpinator on discovery store, Install Winpinator on Windows machine. Thats about it, launch both after setting the connnection group code on both and let auto discovery find the deck then send the file / folder you need on the deck. Transfer is quite quick, took 1 minute to transfer a 1GB zip file.

Warpinator is really easy to use. I definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn't need a proper network share.
I use Samba (SMB) and have a few different shares. It can be nice to be able to mount things over the network instead of having to copy them over first.

Soldato

This is exactly the thing I have been after, thank you!

Soldato
Nuts, I went into desktop mode and it auto updated to the latest firmware. Volume seems much lower than before and yes, SD card isnt detected when I rebooted. No doubt it'll be sorted quickly

Soldato
Nuts, I went into desktop mode and it auto updated to the latest firmware. Volume seems much lower than before and yes, SD card isnt detected when I rebooted. No doubt it'll be sorted quickly
Hmm, wonder if there is a toggle for it. Luckily I dont currently have an SD card used for anything, but did plan on getting one for roms.

Soldato
Hmm, wonder if there is a toggle for it. Luckily I dont currently have an SD card used for anything, but did plan on getting one for roms.
Well, the SD card doesnt appear but my roms load fine and the card appears in desktop mode. Just cosmetic, i'll just carry on as normal :)

UE5 fluid flux 2 running on the Deck! 30-40fps on the beach and shore maps, not too bad. I didnt think it would run at all or run at about 10fps

Last edited:
Soldato
After the update it seems Warpinator is screwed. My Windows Warpinator sits there searching for computers on your network (on IP 192.168.1.101) it does see the Steam Deck on 192.168.1.212 but shows its offline.
On the Steam Deck it just shows 'No other computers found...' its on wlan0 192.168.1.212.

Does the update change something firewall related which is now blocking my Windows machine from being seen? Windows machine can see the Deck though

edit - working now. I had to set the code to something different on Deck and Windows, then change it to the correct code. Flaky

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a spare intel nuc kicking around that I am considering installing SteamOS too which should let me install the remote play apps for Xbox, PS5 and use steam-link to stream all my games to another location in the house. Has anyone tried similar?

Soldato
Looking for it to be as appliance like in nature really, maybe do windows / Linux with steam and set to boot into steam big picture is the way forward

Yep. It’ll work fine. For something like this I’d use Linux as Windows has a bad habit of suddenly demanding attention to the latest update right when you don’t want it. If, however, you go the Windows route then check out Playnite which pulls games together from various sources and displays them in a nice full screen controller friendly view. Like Big Picture except for all your games

Associate
Bought the newer version of the Jsaux back plate, having a grill at the back really makes a massive difference over the first version they did, gained much lower temps and lower fan speeds, been using the white one for about two weeks without any issues whatsoever. Originally bought the crystal clear white but wasn't happy with the black shell and very clear white back plate combo, ended up buying what they call the brown but its more black/charcoal coloured.

Quality is definitely improved over the original version, on that I had to shave down the plastic posts on the back buttons ever so slightly as they were too long which seemed to be a very common issue, both new backplates fitted great and no issues with the back buttons this time.

XbTYIyO.jpg

08YBZm6.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bought the newer version of the Jsaux back plate, having a grill at the back really makes a massive difference over the first version they did, gained much lower temps and lower fan speeds, been using the white one for about two weeks without any issues whatsoever. Originally bought the crystal clear white but wasn't happy with the black shell and very clear white back plate combo, ended up buying what they call the brown but its more black/charcoal coloured.

Quality is definitely improved over the original version, on that I had to shave down the plastic posts on the back buttons ever so slightly as they were too long which seemed to be a very common issue, both new backplates fitted great and no issues with the back buttons this time.

XbTYIyO.jpg

08YBZm6.jpg

How easy it is to fit? Any soldering involved?

and Link please?

Back
Top Bottom