*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone know how you go about adding shortcuts with standalone emus to games in Steam?

e.g. I have a Retroarch one which works fine -

Target - "/usr/bin/flatpak" run org.libretro.RetroArch -L /pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so "/run/media/mmcblk0p1/Emulation/roms/psx/Moto Racer (USA).chd"
Start in - /run/media/mmcblk0p1/Emulation/roms/psx

I'm trying to setup another but use Duckstaton instead of Retroarch but this isnt working

Target - "/run/media/mmcblk0p1/Emulation/tools/launchers/duckstation.sh" "/run/media/mmcblk0p1/Emulation/roms/psx/Wipeout XL.chd.chd"
Start in - /run/media/mmcblk0p1/Emulation/roms/psx

Maybe I have to do something with the flatpak

Soldato
bargain 1TB U3 A2 MicroSD for £65, have a gander on the site with deals that are hot in the UK ;)
This one, for £62.33?

TEAMGROUP A2 Pro Plus Card 1TB Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 R160/W110MBps​

If so, downside is the 3rd october delivery. I’ve had free delivery from Wish and Alibaba/Aliexpress faster

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered the 512GB version. Thought about this one for a while but alas the urge got me in the end. Been enjoying indies a lot recently which has meant more time spent Steam/PC gaming so hoping this complements that well.

One thing I hadn't realised or thought about given I don't really care too much for is the 57,744 Steam points you get for spending so much on Steam.

Soldato
This one, for £62.33?

TEAMGROUP A2 Pro Plus Card 1TB Micro SDXC UHS-I U3 A2 V30 R160/W110MBps​

If so, downside is the 3rd october delivery. I’ve had free delivery from Wish and Alibaba/Aliexpress faster
no, a silicon power one with tomorrow delivery. Had one of their sata ssd's in a spare laptop, cheap and not failed yet.

Soldato
I bought Steep to play on my Deck. Why does it want me to sign in with an Ubisoft connect account?

I hate the Ubisoft launcher and just want to play this offline sometimes which I imagine I cannot if i need to sign into Ubisoft

Soldato
I bought Steep to play on my Deck. Why does it want me to sign in with an Ubisoft connect account?

I hate the Ubisoft launcher and just want to play this offline sometimes which I imagine I cannot if i need to sign into Ubisoft

Says it needs it on the steam page also always online.

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft’s Online Services Platform. Ubisoft requires a permanent Internet connection to play this video game at all times.

Requires 3rd-Party Account: Ubisoft Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA
Steep EULA

Associate
Got my 64GB today and fitted a 1TB SSD without too much drama. Slight panic when it wouldn't power on but plugging into mains and then powering up did the trick. Now to fill it up and get playing!

The wifi is pretty slow so I stuck my work USB-C to Ethernet dongle in and it worked with no issue so can get much faster download speeds that way.

Soldato
Got my 64GB today and fitted a 1TB SSD without too much drama. Slight panic when it wouldn't power on but plugging into mains and then powering up did the trick. Now to fill it up and get playing!

The wifi is pretty slow so I stuck my work USB-C to Ethernet dongle in and it worked with no issue so can get much faster download speeds that way.
You can replace the WiFi card with an Intel ax210 which has 6E and better Bluetooth from what I have read.

Soldato
Says it needs it on the steam page also always online.
Nuts, thanks.
Guess ill find another offline game to play.

What speed does it download at? Ive got 500Mbps fttb and it pretty much hits about 60MB/s.

4EzPM1D.jpg

Just peaked at 496.3Mbps. 4 minutes to download 15GB isnt too shaddy!

Do control layouts seem to randomly change for anyone?

I had a game set specifically to use alt and some keys for the back buttons on wsad & mouse template and its reverted to ‘gamepad with joystick trackpad’

Last edited:
Associate
What speed does it download at? Ive got 500Mbps fttb and it pretty much hits about 60MB/s.

That is interesting, I get about 80Mbps over wifi and around 270Mbps on wired with a 300Mbps Virgin cable connection.

The wifi is a Deco mesh and I am literally 3 feet from the base station that is wired into the router so it should be optimal, but having checked on my phone I get similar download speeds so I guess I need to look into the wifi more deeply.

Soldato
That is interesting, I get about 80Mbps over wifi and around 270Mbps on wired with a 300Mbps Virgin cable connection.

The wifi is a Deco mesh and I am literally 3 feet from the base station that is wired into the router so it should be optimal, but having checked on my phone I get similar download speeds so I guess I need to look into the wifi more deeply.
2.4g or 5g band? Im on 5g using Hyperoptic fibre and a router provided by them.

Associate
2.4g or 5g band? Im on 5g using Hyperoptic fibre and a router provided by them.
I think I've found the problem, the app was reporting a problem with the WAN port not supporting GB speeds so I've taken the cable out of the router and into a switch (which is then plugged into the same router..) and that seems to have sorted it. Also spotted my wife had unplugged one of the meshes at the same time so thats also sorted!

Soldato
I think I've found the problem, the app was reporting a problem with the WAN port not supporting GB speeds so I've taken the cable out of the router and into a switch (which is then plugged into the same router..) and that seems to have sorted it. Also spotted my wife had unplugged one of the meshes at the same time so thats also sorted!
Good stuff.

I did think it strange someone recommending changing the Wifi board out when i'm pulling 3.5GB download a minute!

Last edited:
Associate
I've had the steam deck a few weeks now and I have to say I am quite surprised how good this thing is. I've played and completed Wolfenstein Old Blood & New Order, 60fps max settings. Something I just don't have the time or convenience to do in day to day life but this has made it incredibly feasible to do!

I suspect a new drive, hub, wireless keyboard/mouse are going to be very high on the Christmas list this year!

Soldato
I've had the steam deck a few weeks now and I have to say I am quite surprised how good this thing is. I've played and completed Wolfenstein Old Blood & New Order, 60fps max settings. Something I just don't have the time or convenience to do in day to day life but this has made it incredibly feasible to do!

I suspect a new drive, hub, wireless keyboard/mouse are going to be very high on the Christmas list this year!
New 2TB drive is a must for me. Anker 5 port hub wasnt much from amazon (£20), wireless k&m isnt a must. You can use Steamlink instead from a PC.

Or maybe the logitech wireless keyboard that have a good built in trackpad. Something like a K830

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom