*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Caporegime
I'm over the initial hype now, remembering the performance of it. Deffo interested in the next one maybe.

Same here. I would love a slightly less wide, a little lighter version with this new screen.

The hardest thing to get over is the temptation of that screen, I look at my usage of it and my bulk of playing time is on my OLED TV so logically I wouldn't even notice, nor would I notice the extra heat coming out as it is docked.

I also cap my games at 40fps so would only notice the difference when it is below that.

Soldato
In an interview Valve done with one of the big YouTubers that I watched yesterday, they said that they don't expect to have issues with supply like they did previously with the worldwide shortages going on. So hopefully it's a non-issue :)
Would be nice to stop the scalpers and bots anyway. Active Steam account required with x number of years.

Soldato
Same here. I would love a slightly less wide, a little lighter version with this new screen.

The hardest thing to get over is the temptation of that screen, I look at my usage of it and my bulk of playing time is on my OLED TV so logically I wouldn't even notice, nor would I notice the extra heat coming out as it is docked.

I also cap my games at 40fps so would only notice the difference when it is below that.

It would be pure handheld in my case like my Switch, I am just being sensible and asking when exactly I think I'd use it considering the Switch games I have to play and I'm not interested in emulating/stealing Switch games.

Soldato
Interesting!

I'm sure I read an article saying Valve said it was too difficult to simply drop an OLED screen in......now we get one a few months later :D
It still is. The internals are totally different on the OLED versions. Screen is larger, bigger battery, parts like the SSD orientation is different, larger fan and speakers are different, different APU...

Soldato
It still is. The internals are totally different on the OLED versions. Screen is larger, bigger battery, parts like the SSD orientation is different, larger fan and speakers are different, different APU...

This is why I don't get why people think they can simply swap the screen over, they're different sizes for starters.

Soldato
Nice review, looks like they done a lot of things

Late to the party :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
£250 would seem fair to me. I can't see anyone paying more than that for a used 256GB now. If anything, I'd expect it to drop lower after the OLED consoles are out in the wild and more people look to shift their old units.

I would even think twice paying £250 now myself knowing valve may stock a 64gb refurbished for that price which from what I hear looks brand new and comes with 1 year warranty. But I am sure someone would pay £250.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not watched any videos yet. Have they sorted out the ugly bezal?

Well, that's before my logic side kicked in, but my "new toy" side of the brain still wants it.

Same. I got hyped at first. But the logic part of my brain says mate, you don't even have enough time to play on your Alienware OLED pc, why the **** you want to drop £450 on this for it to gather dust after the initial hype dies down?

The other part of my brain says, if somone sells their old lcd steam deck to me for £200, just grab that to keep you happy and if it ever gathers too much dust you won't make much of a loss selling it on. Lol

Back
Top Bottom