*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's a new screen in the same space, screen sent from 7" to 7.4" so the bezel is now thinner as a result. It does look nicer because of this.

Nice. Sounds decent then. But I really should just wait for SteamDeck 2. That will be the one to get.

Will see if monkey or the logic side of my brain wins :cry:

Wish vavled offered extended warranty to 3 years. Do they offer a repair service outside of warranty, what's the cost like if anyone knows?

Soldato
Think I'm going to try to plough through the end of TOTK, sell my Switch, and pick one of these up. I've wanted one for a while and the upgrade will tip me over the edge!

A couple of small questions. One of my reasons for upgrading would be to replace my tablet with this when I travel. Does it have a Netflix / Prime Video / Disney + client which you can use to watch stuff offline (whether natively or via Proton)?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Will the steam deck 2 have oled?

Can't see why not? The better question would be, will they still offer an lcd version. They may to hit a lower price point maybe. Or just keep base model OLED as cheap as possible by benefiting from economies of scale and only needing to design one version.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think I'm going to try to plough through the end of TOTK, sell my Switch, and pick one of these up. I've wanted one for a while and the upgrade will tip me over the edge!

A couple of small questions. One of my reasons for upgrading would be to replace my tablet with this when I travel. Does it have a Netflix / Prime Video / Disney + client which you can use to watch stuff offline (whether natively or via Proton)?

I don't know...but if you go into desktop mode then it is just an Linus OS, last resort would go onto the browser and access each of those via that.

Soldato
Nice. Sounds decent then. But I really should just wait for SteamDeck 2. That will be the one to get.

Will see if monkey or the logic side of my brain wins :cry:

Wish vavled offered extended warranty to 3 years. Do they offer a repair service outside of warranty, what's the cost like if anyone knows?

Can already answer this based on previous history, monkey side will win.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
I'm mostly interested in operworld games from past 5 years and am tempted to pick up the OLED Steamdeck due to price, but am still torn on this vs the Ally or Legion Go for the extra power of the Z1 extreme - is the SD up to it?

Soldato
Not even had mine a year so I feel a tad annoyed they are launching an OLED version so soon. I thought they'd said there were going to be no refreshes for quite a while?

I barley use mine so I'm not upgrading, though an HDR OLED screen (on anything!) is a big pull for me.

Soldato
Shame how they shafted a lot of their customers with an unexpected mid generation update. The thing wouldn't get any use from me but at £309 for the 64gb it seems like a nice bit of kit. Almost £500 for the OLED is losing me a little I'm not sure what market such an expensive thing is aimed at.

Caporegime
Shame how they shafted a lot of their customers with an unexpected mid generation update. The thing wouldn't get any use from me but at £309 for the 64gb it seems like a nice bit of kit. Almost £500 for the OLED is losing me a little I'm not sure what market such an expensive thing is aimed at.

Well...the unit doesn't exist in a vacuum, it is cheaper than every other handheld PC on the market with comparable performance and spec, with better software and out of the box UI. It is aimed at people wanting a handheld PC market, and it is the best value one on the market, full stop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom