*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
I am just going to grab a 64gb refurb for £249 and enjoy that until SteamDeck 2 I think.

Hopefully I can catch it when they release some before it sells out.
That is a proper bargain at £249

I got mine for 315, and i was pleased with that. I dont use it much, but i love the thing. No 350 quid ish oled option probably would have put me off to be honest. I couldn't really justify one at 500 ish.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
After playing about with my current one I've decided to go with the etched glass again, even using glossy OLED iPhone screens or even my M1 iPad Pro I really don't have issues with the screen clarity on the current Deck, I'd rather lose a little bit of black levels than have my device look like a mirror outdoors if the sun or even indoor light is at an annoying angle.

May give my device to CEX but I'll have to get a 512GB SSD for that to get it back to stock, or sell it here. But if I sell it here it will have a 1TB SSD so that will be a nice bonus for anyone looking for a mint condition one.

Just hope Valve has a decent number of Decks in stock tomorrow. I finish work tomorrow at 5pm which is very rare for me, just in time for the launch, couldn't have planned that better :D

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
After playing about with my current one I've decided to go with the etched glass again, even using glossy OLED iPhone screens or even my M1 iPad Pro I really don't have issues with the screen clarity on the current Deck, I'd rather lose a little bit of black levels than have my device look like a mirror outdoors if the sun or even indoor light is at an annoying angle.

May give my device to CEX but I'll have to get a 512GB SSD for that to get it back to stock, or sell it here. But if I sell it here it will have a 1TB SSD so that will be a nice bonus for anyone looking for a mint condition one.

Just hope Valve has a decent number of Decks in stock tomorrow.

Shame it ain't the cheapo 64GB one or I would have it of you. Right now no one wants to even sell theirs as cheap as valve.

Soldato
Shame it ain't the cheapo 64GB one or I would have it of you. Right now no one wants to even sell theirs as cheap as valve.
If there's a severe shortage of OLED models, people will likely still buy LCD models which would run out too. I'm keeping onto mine until (if) I manage to get an OLED one tomorrow.

Soldato

@7:30 - some interesting comments about haze being visable on the etched screen, but no real detail about it. Interestingly, he makes the same comments about placing a glossy screen protector on the display that it improves blacks and also somewhat colours.

Without having two units side by side it's all just second guessing at this stage if the gloss will look better. But I still suspect that it will look better.

Soldato

@7:30 - some interesting comments about haze being visable on the etched screen, but no real detail about it. Interestingly, he makes the same comments about placing a glossy screen protector on the display that it improves blacks and also somewhat colours.

Without having two units side by side it's all just second guessing at this stage if the gloss will look better. But I still suspect that it will look better.
I think it will too.
Why show only the etched 1tb. If they showed the glossy the etched might not sell as well.
If it look cack, ill return the glossy (or sell it for what i pay in total)

Soldato
I think it will too.
Why show only the etched 1tb. If they showed the glossy the etched might not sell as well.
If it look cack, ill return the glossy (or sell it for what i pay in total)
My thoughts also.. if it's poor I'll return it; Steams return policy seems to be excellent.

But at this point I've already spent £108 on a 2TB SSD. If I plump down another £90 for the 1TB model I'm literally only paying for the etched display, which as I'm typing this out and reading it back.. is completely ridicious.

I got the Tomtoc case today. Renforces how much the bigger the Steam Deck will be compared to my Switch OLED! I do love this case for my Switch OLED, bargain at the moment.

NkVLADT.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My thoughts also.. if it's poor I'll return it; Steams return policy seems to be excellent.

But at this point I've already spent £108 on a 2TB SSD. If I plump down another £90 for the 1TB model I'm literally only paying for the etched display, which as I'm typing this out and reading it back.. is completely ridicious.

I got the Tomtoc case today. Renforces how much the bigger the Steam Deck will be compared to my Switch OLED! I do love this case for my Switch OLED, bargain at the moment.

NkVLADT.jpg
I’ve got that same case. Really good for the price :)

Soldato
Will the price on the page be the final price inc shipping? I don't want it to say £479 (which I now have in my Stean wallet) only for it to be £479 + delivery.

Soldato
I dont know what for big product launches like this they make people register their interest for stage 1, then at stage 2 take a deposit of something like £100, then your prioritised and guaranteed to get one as their supply amount will be known somewhat.
Their could be 1,000,000 registered with deposits which will also fund the supply of them being pumped up

Back
Top Bottom