*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
I am just going to grab a 64gb refurb for £249 and enjoy that until SteamDeck 2 0 I think.

Hopefully I can catch it when they release some before it sells out.

Plus, if you decide you don't like it, it's not really going to cost you much as you'll get quite a lot back if you sell it and you'll have saved yourself an OLED upgrade.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Its out on 16th nov for order. 1 -2 weeks dispatch I thought.

Is it not out until Jan?

I think I misunderstood your post, either it doesn't make sense, I misunderstood, or both :D

Should a be a betting man, I would say the OLED 512GB is sold out in 3-5 minutes and OLED 1TB sold out in 5-10 minutes. Well, sold out as in delivery 1-2 weeks instead of January 2024.

Edit: Ok I think I got it now, it was me :D You are defining the definition of sold out in terms of timescales

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Plus, if you decide you don't like it, it's not really going to cost you much as you'll get quite a lot back if you sell it and you'll have saved yourself an OLED upgrade.

I had one for a week on release. 2nd person to get it on this thread so i know I will like it. Just couldn't say no to £500 profit back then.

Soldato
The skalp has started

Soldato
What's the list pricing for those limited edition models? Can't believe they're on the bay before release date. Really wish people just stopped buying from them so they didn't have a business, but that'll never happen :(
There are bids on one of the items too, the limited edition version. I would have guessed it would ship worldwide, which then it might have been acceptable because its at least providing a service for those who cannot buy it (like us in UK) but no, its shipping to US only?!

Might aswell pester them if they're going to skalp :D

Hi,
How much is shipping to the UK please?
Also, do you know how much import duty is?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I the only one that has no interest in OLED? Every emissive display I've ever owned has suffered some form of burn in. For a device like this it's transmissive all the way for me.
I am not super crazy about it, so you not alone.

But OLED tech is one of those things that when you like it, you like it a lot.

My only OLED device is my phone, and I feel it doesnt look much better than my IPS phone.

Soldato
in the FAQ they do say they don't expect the long wait times that gen 1 experienced but like you i still think it will be sold out in minutes i also expect canada and usa to get the major portion of any stock availability

so i'd give it 10 minutes max before people go onto the queue system for delivery after christmas.
If there is a queue system, they havent had one for a while.

Associate
Finally someone has shown doing an SSD transplant from the LCD Deck to the OLED one. Once swapped over it booted up like nothing has changed, was confident it would work but its great to see it as I don't to spend many hours setting things up again.

Transplant at 21:23.

Soldato
Finally someone has shown doing an SSD transplant from the LCD Deck to the OLED one. Once swapped over it booted up like nothing has changed, was confident it would work but its great to see it as I don't to spend many hours setting things up again.

Transplant at 21:23.

Thanks for this, this was the main worry I was having as my Steam Deck is heavily modded with all sorts of ***** going on. The main thing putting me off thoughts of upgrading was this and having to set up everything again. I posted a few days ago saying I had no interest in upgrading and now I have the urge. What a dick I am.

However, what I plan to do is a bit different, not a swap of physical drives. My current internal SSD is the 256GB, so I obviously don't want to put this in a new OLED version, I want to use the bigger 512GB drive it comes with. I currently backup my current Steam Deck 'image' using Clonezilla to an external hard drive, so I'm thinking update my current Deck to the latest 3.5 beta OS, back it up as usual, and then just do a 'restore' of this image to the new OLED model's drive.

Thing is I've never tested that my backups work, I've never had the cause to restore from it, so don't know if it actually works with the current LCD version let alone if it will work with the new version. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom