*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am still waiting for the 64gb recertified to be available or someone else here to sell me theirs for a decent price. But so far all the ones on members market are more expensive than what valve wants.

I don't care about storage. I will be mainly using it for old and indie games. Also likely to collect dust around the house. But at least I will feel better while playing on my OLED monitor :cry:

Soldato
Ah the stages of FOMO.

1. I don't need one, what I have is fine.
  2. It's not even that big an upgrade, I'm happy with my LCD smileyfaceemoji
  3. Apparently the OLED screen is quite nice
  4. Ordered smileyface, I'll sell my LCD one in a saturated market and get close to what I paid denial.jpg

It's eating away at me, must resist

Soldato
lol I am actually waiting for SD2 for myself, but the 1TB was a no brainer to replace the wife's; I can play around with it if I fancy and she gets a solid little quality of life upgrade all around, and she uses hers a lot.
She is going to keep her original just so if necessary we both have one, but I suspect like the OG Switch after the OLED, it will collect dust.

Does give more options though, and I must say the SD OLED seems to correct many of the issues MOST had with the OG SD; more storage, better battery life, better screen, slightly faster. I am just waiting for one that is a generational step faster, as it's just not quite fast enough for me to be 100% happy yet :)

Last edited:
Soldato
TBF I flipflopped just as much, cancelled all my orders wondering exactly when I'd use it, the answer was probably never :D
Nobody can accuse me of not being transparent lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Will a cloned drive from an LCD work properly on the OLED though? Not only the screen, but a lot of the internals and APU etc are different on the OLED so isn’t the software slightly different to run them correctly?
It does, it will boot up like nothings changed. Valve engineer has said as long as both Decks are on 3.5 there shouldn’t be any issues, and two people on YT have already shown it works just fine transferring the SSD from the LCD to the OLED.

Last edited:
Soldato
TBF I flipflopped just as much, cancelled all my orders wondering exactly when I'd use it, the answer was probably never :D
Nobody can accuse me of not being transparent lol.
Yeah I'm a little on the fence now. I'll get one, give it a few months, and then make a decision as to whether to sell it on or not. It's a cool enough device that I at least want to try it!

Last edited:
Soldato
I ordered an LCD one last week (9th). Hoping someone can help, who's ordered one before.

When tracking with GLS I have a notification on 13/11/23 that the parcel was handed over, then 10 minutes later the parcel has left the centre. Now I have had a notification this morning (17/11/23) that is identical, "The parcel has left the centre". Anyone have the same? Anyone shed a light on when I can reasonably expect it?

Soldato
I really thought I'd be able to snag today a decent 1TB micro SD card for a decent price of around £60ish. But doesn't seem so!

May have to settle or 512GB. Not the end of the world as I'm upgrading the SSD to 2TB anyways.

Soldato
so with the shipping dates now showing as 6-10 business days, does that mean all orders are at that, or are those that got in on the 3-5 day shipping relatively ok?

Associate
It does, it will boot up like nothings changed. Valve engineer has said as long as both Decks are on 3.5 there shouldn’t be any issues, and two people on YT have already shown it works just fine transferring the SSD from the LCD to the OLED.
That is bloody excellent, i’ll just pop my current 1TB drive straight into the OLED and I’m done then!! :D

Soldato
Is there a particular screen protector that comes recommended for the Deck, I assume the OLED model can just use the same ones as the LCD?

Associate
Is there a particular screen protector that comes recommended for the Deck, I assume the OLED model can just use the same ones as the LCD?
Yes, as just discussed, the LCD screen protectors fit the OLED perfectly.

If you want an antiglare screen protector, I highly recommend these ones, they barely affect the screen clarity, but give a good amount of antiglare properties.

brotect 2-Pack Screen Protector Anti-Glare compatible with Valve Steam Deck Screen Protector Matte, Anti-Fingerprint Protection Film https://amzn.eu/d/5iqPa0c

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom