*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
For those that returned, is it a post-office and print a label jobby or do they arrange collection? I think inevitably this is what will happen, I've lost all interest since ordering :rolleyes:

PS: @TNA no you can't have it for £250

And you say I flip flop.

I want one, I don't want one, I want one, I don't want one :p

Last edited:
Soldato
For those that returned, is it a post-office and print a label jobby or do they arrange collection? I think inevitably this is what will happen, I've lost all interest since ordering :rolleyes:

PS: @TNA no you can't have it for £250
I dont understand Steam returns.
You receive a UPS returns lablel and RMA barcode that goes inside the box but it doesnt say how the item is collected or if you ship it. Does anyone know? Do I need to ring UPS or take it to a post office?
Edit, guess I just go to my local UPS drop off point.

Last edited:
Associate
Was looking at this Wi-Fi issue and noticed WPA3 may be the cause for some.

Seems that the problem may be WPA3, my router is a Netgear RAX200 and I’ve separated the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands with different passwords so devices don’t randomly switch between the two as I find that annoying.

On the deck desktop I’ve noticed it connects without issues to 5ghz 160mhz WPA2 but the moment I force WPA3 only, the OLED deck sees the 5ghz band but refuses to connect, but on WPA2 it connects immediately so I wonder if this is the main culprit. Instead of the router, deck or both automatically falling back to WPA2 it’s always trying to connect to the broken WPA3 implementation on the deck for some and never connects.
It worked! My SD now connects with 160mhz enabled.

Something I have noticed though, the signal strength is very low no matter how I connect it to wifi, never goes above 2 bars, even right next to my router! Anyone else have this?

Soldato
The lack of tracking updates seems to be doing that for me, but I know the moment it gets updated my interest will be renewed! :cry:

It’s been stuck at In Transit since the 25th, argh…

Some people actually received their deck before the tracking even moved out of 'in transit'.

Last edited:
Associate
It worked! My SD now connects with 160mhz enabled.

Something I have noticed though, the signal strength is very low no matter how I connect it to wifi, never goes above 2 bars, even right next to my router! Anyone else have this?

Have noticed the constant Wi-Fi strength fluctuations and that’s in the same room as my router, doesn’t seem to be affecting my speed though. On the LCD deck Wi-Fi strength never fluctuated as much as the OLED does. Takes a bit longer to connect from standby as well, never fails but definitely slower.

Soldato
My steam deck has arrived. Last night I checked it showed as in Netherlands still. Lol

Blimey, they must have despatched that from somewhere else, you ordered it a few days after mine! Or maybe they just know who you are and VIP'd it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
Anyone undervolted looks worth it considering how easy it is in the bios and the more stable clock speed?
Hopefully mine comes this week I don’t think they update the info like stated just says ‘left the parcel center’

Associate
I've applied a low undervolt because it's easy (LCD)

- 30/-30/-30 with no crashes etc in any of my games. Might only be a small heat/fan speed difference but it costs nothing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone undervolted looks worth it considering how easy it is in the bios and the more stable clock speed?
Hopefully mine comes this week I don’t think they update the info like stated just says ‘left the parcel center’
I only have the LCD version but after days of testing I managed to get -50/-20/-30 on mine. Looking at other places every has very different undervolt results. -10/-10/-10 is near guaranteed, most should be able to do -20/-20/-20.

Soldato
Getting v tempted to buy one after reading this topic

Go for it. Now is the time to get one. I was patiently waiting for them to move to an OLED display, as the display on the original was what was holding me back. I used mine today in the car during lunch. Amazing. No issues with the gloss screen either, it's got more than enough brightness to overcome reflections.

Associate
I'm having a lot of issues with my Steam Deck (64GB LCD model, but I upgraded the SSD to a 1TB Sabrent Rocket 2230) freezing up in games, then rebooting and displaying 'Verifying Installation' upon reboot. I've opened a support ticket with Steam, but I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem, or software, but it seems like after the recent OS updates, a lot of people on Reddit etc. have been experiencing similar issues. I've only owned it for about a month, give or take, but I've tried reimaging the SD from scratch, bumping the VRAM up to 4GB, disabling the 'Updated Fan Controls' option, and setting a max GPU limit, which have all been recommended as fixes, but nothing has worked so far. It's entirely random in terms of how much time I get in a game, it could be two minutes into me loading into the game, or forty five minutes. It's very annoying, and has rendered the SD unusable, pretty much, as I never know when it's going to crash and so can't actually use it for elongated periods of time or make progress in games without fear of it crashing (and me losing that progress).

Has anyone else experienced these issues at all?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm having a lot of issues with my Steam Deck (64GB LCD model, but I upgraded the SSD to a 1TB Sabrent Rocket 2230) freezing up in games, then rebooting and displaying 'Verifying Installation' upon reboot. I've opened a support ticket with Steam, but I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem, or software, but it seems like after the recent OS updates, a lot of people on Reddit etc. have been experiencing similar issues. I've only owned it for about a month, give or take, but I've tried reimaging the SD from scratch, bumping the VRAM up to 4GB, disabling the 'Updated Fan Controls' option, and setting a max GPU limit, which have all been recommended as fixes, but nothing has worked so far. It's entirely random in terms of how much time I get in a game, it could be two minutes into me loading into the game, or forty five minutes. It's very annoying, and has rendered the SD unusable, pretty much, as I never know when it's going to crash and so can't actually use it for elongated periods of time or make progress in games without fear of it crashing (and me losing that progress).

Has anyone else experienced these issues at all?
Rule out the software - take out the 1TB drive, stick the 64GB in and reset to factory settings / reimage. Leave defaults and install and play a few games.
If it works fine for a few days or week, you know it's your drive that's the issue (or a software setting on the drive)

Back
Top Bottom