*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
For those wanting gamepass without using xCloud I've got a solution...kind of.

There is an app in Discover called xbPlay. Download it, log in and make sure your Xbox is set to allow remote play. You can then play all your Xbox games remotely without lag. The only downside is the xbPlay is a £5 purchase via iOS or Google Play(thanks reward credit!) if you want to play for longer than 10 mins. I've been using this recently though and it's great, no issues on my 5ghz connection. Haven't tested it outside of the home but it should work well too.

Associate
I'm really tempted to order one, decided to hold off on the first Steam Deck but the more I read on here, watch videos etc. the more it seems to really appeal to what I want.

I've sold some PC parts recently so could justify the cost with that offset...

Associate
I'm really tempted to order one, decided to hold off on the first Steam Deck but the more I read on here, watch videos etc. the more it seems to really appeal to what I want.

I've sold some PC parts recently so could justify the cost with that offset...
It’s a great bit of kit, still doesn’t play all the latest AAA games, but there’s still 1000’s of games it can play well.

They’re so good for killing time away from home, it made our recent 5+ hours flights to/from Egypt absolutely fly by (no pun intended).

Soldato
As most of us on here are PC gamers with decent rigs that can handle the big games, and I'm guessing most of us don't reeeeally take the Steam Deck out of the house a huge amount, I think the ideal usage for the deck is simply:

1. Install lighter games and a ton of emulation stuff onto the deck itself
2. Get Moonlight installed on the deck and then stream the meatier, harder to run games from your PC to the Deck < This works an absolute treat with great image quality and zero lag that I can feel.

Soldato
Didn’t parcel farce announce that they’re having issues with staff illnesses etc in some areas and struggling a bit? It’s probably in uk but just sitting in their queue…

Soldato
As most of us on here are PC gamers with decent rigs that can handle the big games, and I'm guessing most of us don't reeeeally take the Steam Deck out of the house a huge amount, I think the ideal usage for the deck is simply:

1. Install lighter games and a ton of emulation stuff onto the deck itself
2. Get Moonlight installed on the deck and then stream the meatier, harder to run games from your PC to the Deck < This works an absolute treat with great image quality and zero lag that I can feel.

Is moonlight better then using the steam inbuilt streaming?

Soldato
It’s a great bit of kit, still doesn’t play all the latest AAA games, but there’s still 1000’s of games it can play well.

They’re so good for killing time away from home, it made our recent 5+ hours flights to/from Egypt absolutely fly by (no pun intended).

Invalidated by using "it's a great bit of kit"

Soldato
Noob here. Whats moonlight for, just streaming PC Steam games to Steam Deck?

I dont really have a use case as mainly play Warzone 2 only on PC, which is bought through Battle.net

Associate

I dont really have a use case as mainly play Warzone 2 only on PC, which is bought through Battle.net
It's a game stream client: https://moonlight-stream.org/
I posted some info a while back which might be helpful if you end up trying it out on the deck.

Soldato

You can stream the desktop too. Or do it in reverse :p I run the sunshine appimage on the deck to control it remotely using moonlight from my PC rather than use steam link.

Soldato
You can stream the desktop too. Or do it in reverse :p I run the sunshine appimage on the deck to control it remotely using moonlight from my PC rather than use steam link.
Do you need to be on the same Wifi network or can you use it on different networks / 5G?

Associate
Heads up for any of you guys streaming, I was having problems and then realised the SD had switched to 2.4ghz!

Had to disconnect and reconnect to wifi to get it back on 5ghz.

Soldato
No going to just do what you did with UPS to keep the paper trail.
Id recommend going to a depot if one is near you. Saves the drivers lieing about no one being at home if they cba delivering.
I posted my Deck back today with a UPS prepaid shippibg label. Hopefully Steam refund my Steam wallet credit too to credit card. If not, i’ll buy another deck oled i guess and hope its not got any problems.

Back
Top Bottom