*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Picked this up the other day. Hugely addictive for a roguelike run n gun if thats your thing. For under a tenner I'd recommend this.

Is CD Keys a legit source for Steam codes? There are a few games I was thinking of picking up in the Steam sale but I've noticed they are even cheaper on CDKeys, is the site okay to use for game codes?

Is CD Keys a legit source for Steam codes? There are a few games I was thinking of picking up in the Steam sale but I've noticed they are even cheaper on CDKeys, is the site okay to use for game codes?
Yep, they resell steam keys from other cheaper regions. Just make sure the key is valid for your region and that it's actually a Steam key (rather than a proprietary launcher)

Has anyone run Cyberpunk from the GOG launcher on their Deck? Is there a significant difference in ease/ performance to running it via Steam? There are some good deals on it via GOG.

Nobody (except the staff of course) knows for sure where CDKeys codes come from, they're not an official reseller. It could just be them buying from cheaper regions and reselling but they could also be obtaining them through even dodgier means (i.e. stolen cards). I haven't heard of anyone getting a key revoked from CDKeys so it probably is just keys from other regions which makes them a relatively reputable grey market keyshop, but still less so than an official reseller.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out how to best use the gyro function? Mine came yesterday and I played a bit of Dishonored last night, and I used the gyro function a bit alongside the joystick but maybe there's a bit of a learning curve.

Also, what should I be looking out for in terms of common faults? I tried it with 3.5mm Soundmagic earbuds that sounded good but there was a tiny bit of very high pitched background noise in game and then also while scrolling the library, almost like interference. I think I'm OK with that it's just a bit distracting, I'll mostly use Bluetooth anyway.

Has anyone figured out how to best use the gyro function? Mine came yesterday and I played a bit of Dishonored last night, and I used the gyro function a bit alongside the joystick but maybe there's a bit of a learning curve.
Not a Deck owner but I use the steam controller a lot. You setup the gyro on low sensitivity to activate on right trackpad touch and set the right trackpad as a mouse on very high sensitivity. Essentially you use the right trackpad to make snap turns and aim towards the general direction you want and then you fine-tune your aim with the gyro.

So I’m looking at gating the 512 OLED in a few months time.

As I have a powerful gaming PC (that I don’t use that much, due to wanting not to be antisocial with young family) I was planning on streaming to the deck to my TV or handled when kid and wife want to watch something, for stuff like cyberpunk or starfield.

Native install indy / retro games. For on the go fun.

I travel quite a bit for work and have streamed from my PC in the past but it’s a bit of a hassle to lug around 2 work laptops and a personal device.

My thought's are this in one device instead of buying some raspberry pi’s and using a laptop.

What are peoples view on this use case?

So I’m looking at gating the 512 OLED in a few months time.

As I have a powerful gaming PC (that I don’t use that much, due to wanting not to be antisocial with young family) I was planning on streaming to the deck to my TV or handled when kid and wife want to watch something, for stuff like cyberpunk or starfield.

Native install indy / retro games. For on the go fun.

I travel quite a bit for work and have streamed from my PC in the past but it’s a bit of a hassle to lug around 2 work laptops and a personal device.

My thought's are this in one device instead of buying some raspberry pi’s and using a laptop.

What are peoples view on this use case?

Sounds like the perfect use case scenario for a SteamDeck! A single compact gaming device that’ll play just about anything you throw at it. Perfect for retro and indie gaming

Yeah, I've got Heroic, I was more wondering about whether performance would take a hit via that rather than Steam, and whether there's a risk of GOG updating down the line and it not running
AFAIK no not really. There's a shader cache difference but the performance is negligible according to conversations on the internet. Whilst yes I guess in theory CD Projekt could nuke the GoG launcher to somehow just not be compatible under any layer on the Steamdeck (not sure how but lets assume they could) I doubt they would as the backlash would not be worth the PR nightmare.

AFAIK no not really. There's a shader cache difference but the performance is negligible according to conversations on the internet. Whilst yes I guess in theory CD Projekt could nuke the GoG launcher to somehow just not be compatible under any layer on the Steamdeck (not sure how but lets assume they could) I doubt they would as the backlash would not be worth the PR nightmare.
Thanks!

Hey guys n gals, quick question, has anyone got any experience with Moonlight / Sunshine on Steamdeck? What's your opinion, Pro's Con's etc

There are quite a few guides on YouTube about this. This is one of the use cases I’m interested in.

Performance looks good, but I don’t have first hand experience. I will be getting the 512 OLED in April, so if your not in a rush I play then for you.

Back
Top Bottom