• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Picked up a few myself. Can recommende Death Must Die if you liked Vampire Survivors. Still early access with loads to come, but has been a blast for few quid I paid for it.

Soldato
Picked up a few myself. Can recommende Death Must Die if you liked Vampire Survivors. Still early access with loads to come, but has been a blast for few quid I paid for it.
Thanks, will take a look

Been playing Far Cry 3 the last few days, might grab 6 in the sale. Mass Effect Legendary is also looking like an essential buy.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
Hadn’t realised quite how well PS3 games emulate on the deck now. All the old games I’ve got on the shelf I’m certain look better on the deck than they ever did on the George Foreman PS3 that’s now in the attic.

Associate
I've somehow been under a rock since these came out, I only heard about the first concept they dropped and missed the commercial release. Have been doing a bit of reading the last couple of days but what's the general concensus, are they decent? I'm looking for some way to get back into replaying some old games like DA:O or bits on tabletop simulator.

Associate
I've somehow been under a rock since these came out, I only heard about the first concept they dropped and missed the commercial release. Have been doing a bit of reading the last couple of days but what's the general concensus, are they decent? I'm looking for some way to get back into replaying some old games like DA:O or bits on tabletop simulator.
Just do it, they’re great!

Reactions: TNA
Soldato

For me it’s not just about the emulation, but how easy it is to pick up and play in segments. I find for me it’s also important to pick games that you can do this, like hot wheels or Tony hawks. The list of games it can’t play (usually due to online anti-cheat) is quite small, although a few recent games (boulders gate and returnal come to mind) do struggle to run.

I recently installed Maniaplanet to finally complete the single player campaign of Trackmania 2 Lagoon/Valley/Stadium/the other one :)

EDIT: As someone that went from the OG 522gb to the OLED 512gb (yeah I know longer have an anti glare screen)….get the OLED. So many little improvements as well as the few obvious ones make the step up highly worth it!

Last edited:
Associate
Well I updated to 3.5.7 on my son's Christmas present... Seems to be a mistake. Thing won't stop crashing now. Tried changing the VRAM to 4GB, resetting GPU cache and putting it into travel mode. Will try reimaging later tonight but pretty annoying having to RMA his main present.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Other than that really impressed with the battery life etc

Soldato
Guess who got one for Christmas after returning the one I bought lol.
I do actually wonder if having not paid for it myself will mean I can appreciate it more/make use of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
it's so handy to pick up an do a 30 minute run in games like halls of torment. Was trying out monster hunter rise over xmas and it looks and runs so well, think I prefer it in game design to monster hunter world

Soldato
Ditto. I was a bit dubious about installing it on an SD card but most ROMs aren’t particularly large and it’s not as if the SD card gets hammered with use

Soldato
Thinking about dabbing with Emudeck. It's out best to have it all set up on its own SD card?
Honestly doesn't really matter w/e is easiest bearing in mind that if you want steam games on the sd card that it needs to be the correct format and then that makes transferring to sd from Windows not a simple process.

As with most things emulation your going to spend more time setting stuff up than probably playing the games :)

Last edited:
Soldato
As with most things emulation your going to spend more time setting stuff up than probably playing the games

Can’t agree with that at all. EmuDeck is very easy to set up. Last time I looked it was simple script that’s run once and sets everything up for you. Then it’s just a matter of copying across the ROMs. It’s not a complicated or time consuming process

Back
Top Bottom