*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

So im loving this thing so far apart from the battery doesnt seem to last very long and takes quite a while to charge again. Ive taken a few steps as in reducing brightness and dropping it down to 50hz from 90 hz. Turned on FSR in scaling options, few other things to try. Might be the games ive been trying. And to my dismay 2 of my games Broken sword and devil may cry do not use cloud saves so i thought no bother i'll just copy the save game folders over to wherever they are on deck. Not that simple it seems. Is there a easier way? i put it in destop mode but cant locate anywhere they would be, not that it would matter as i cant get it to speak to my pc. Im going to try a wireless mode as seen here...

Or would just buying a type A to C adapter be better?

So im loving this thing so far apart from the battery doesnt seem to last very long and takes quite a while to charge again. Ive taken a few steps as in reducing brightness and dropping it down to 50hz from 90 hz. Turned on FSR in scaling options, few other things to try. Might be the games ive been trying. And to my dismay 2 of my games Broken sword and devil may cry do not use cloud saves so i thought no bother i'll just copy the save game folders over to wherever they are on deck. Not that simple it seems. Is there a easier way? i put it in destop mode but cant locate anywhere they would be, not that it would matter as i cant get it to speak to my pc. Im going to try a wireless mode as seen here...

I've been using this warpinator method from day one and it works very well. Once setup its very much a case of drag and drop.

One of the first things I bought was a second power plug and a much longer USB power cable, so if I'm in the house I can have it powered by mains all the time wherever I am in the house. I think you can also limit the power certain games use, the TDP limit I think it is. Lowering this I think will extend battery at the expense of grunt. There are also youtube guides on where to find a games individual folder when browsing in the desktop modes file browser. Basically, the way Proton works, each game you install effectively gets its own separate encapsulated "Windows" install, where the games folders are, as well as the "windows" "documents" folder which is probably where your saves would need to go.

A to C won't really work as the different filesystems can't read each other. SFTP is probably the most straight forward although can be slow.

Enable SSH on the deck in desktop mode. Plenty of guides online. (this is for the S part of SFTP)
Use FileZilla or equivalent on windows/Mac to SFTP into the deck

windows %Appdata% equivalent is /home/deck/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/*a number goes here which corresponds to each game*/ - wine tricks will help you translate the game name to the number, or in desktop mode steam, right click the game and browse local files.

game installs - /home/deck/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/*GAME NAME*/

SD card, generally speaking, is /run/media/mmcblk0p1/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom