*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

I forgot to ask, all these new SD owners, what did you think of the vent smell? You do still get vent smell don't you, I hope so, it's the best thing about a new Steam Deck. Mine has just about all gone now :( I have to give it a really good snort to get even a mild whiff.
It is worryingly addictive and sometimes I have to remind myself what I am doing. Stop sniffing the vents :D

Power bank has arrived and it's a nice little unit. 3 years warranty is nice bonus and comes with a decent usb-c 65w cable which is also good as some stuff comes with limited cheap ones + has a nice little mesh carrying pouch :)

On charge now and at 25w (my pixel 8 fast charger) it's full charge in 4-5 hours

Last edited:
Power bank has arrived and it's a nice little unit. 3 years warranty is nice bonus and comes with a decent usb-c 65w cable which is also good as some stuff comes with limited cheap ones + has a nice little mesh carrying pouch :)

On charge now and at 25w (my pixel 8 fast charger) it's full charge in 4-5 hours

I've ordered one, too - did you order the smaller unit or the standard one?

Are these decent quality? My goto is normally Anker, but Inui are popping up more and more and seem good value.

Anyone have experience with thinner Carrying cases for the Deck? (For travel)

I have taken the Deck to Mallorca 2 weeks ago and it was great, but the original carrying case is thick as hell and takes a lot of luggage space.

I have already asked chatGPT and the AI recommended me these:
- Tomtoc Slim Case
- JSAUX Case
- iVoler Deck carrying case
- Spigen Rugged Armor

I'm yet to check these out ( I know Spigen for quality phone cases I swear by and I've seen a lot of Jsaux products for the deck).

Anyone have experience with these? I am going backpacking to Cambodia and Laos for 5 weeks q1 next year, would like to have a case that takes less space in my backpack, but still protects it against rough handing.

Last edited:
Tomtoc:

i-got-the-tomtoc-slim-case-for-my-steam-deck-v0-pjfv6lj1ezld1.jpeg

JSaux: (appears same size but allows for storage of the adapter, accesories, cables, etc in the wasted space of the original case):

81wpDULzDHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ivoler looks similar to Jsaux:
8151n5vbaoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Spigen rugged armor pro:
spigen-steam-deck-pouch-rugged-armor-pro-black_1.jpg

From all these only the Tomtoc looks much smaller/thinner, anyone have experience with this case? Would you becomofrtable throwing it around with the deck inside it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom