*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Apparently there's a button to pay above the cancellation one for people that are eligible to reserve. Someone on reddit got it before their email arrived.

Ah there we go. Thanks.

Edit: dammit, email wasn't lost. 6.01pm my order went in.. and I was december before the delay. Why valve!!!

March is going to be expensive with steam deck, aw3423dw and oled 42...

Not the ones I've read. The cons make it an unfinished product so making anyone buying it another beta tester. The size needs refining and the rest of it probably needs next version refinement.

I'm not prepared to waste my money on the 512gb version so I'm out.
Well watch the videos posted here.

The only thing unfinished is the steam verified support and thats down to the developers and valve working together to get it to work.

It already has 399 games that can play on it on launch day............

Not the ones I've read. The cons make it an unfinished product so making anyone buying it another beta tester. The size needs refining and the rest of it probably needs next version refinement.

I'm not prepared to waste my money on the 512gb version so I'm out.
I got the bog standard version as I do not need the extras. Will probably only make like a £100 loss selling and buying the next version anyway so not a problem for me :)

I am more than happy enough with what I have seen. I mean we knew about the hardware side if things some time ago when they took the embargo of on that anyway. The software experience will only get better slowly.

I see it as a PC anyway and everything does not need to be polished like the Switch. Rather have it rough but open and give me more control. That’s why even though I am a iPad fan and had 3-4 gens of them, I have never had an iPhone and been a Samsung/Android guy.

If it was truly a PC I'd be very happy with it, as I want a portable Game Pass machine.

For my use case I will wait for Windows support to be there, and by then I may as well wait a bit more for the next generation.

Initially Dec, then delayed to Q1 like everyone else.

Ordered at 18:01pm, still Q1, no email.
No email either :(

Hopefully I get one in March at some point. Weird that you got one so early and did not get an email. Seems stock is very low and they don’t have much stock for the UK.

I'm keeping my reservation, to see what user feedback is, but I'm starting to get cold feet about the Deck, mainly due to the massive size of it.

Because it looks so huge, I just don't think it's something I'd whip out on a train/plane, or anywhere in public, it just doesn't seem convenient.

Aside from that, I own a PS5/Xbox Series S/Nintendo Switch, so didn't really need it for most modern gaming, just wanted to do retro gaming on it up until PS3/Wii, but logic makes me think to just run emulation on the Xbox, keep the switch for those specific games/portability (as even Switch emulation on the deck so far has looked shaky), and save myself the £460...

I'm keeping my reservation, to see what user feedback is, but I'm starting to get cold feet about the Deck, mainly due to the massive size of it.

Because it looks so huge, I just don't think it's something I'd whip out on a train/plane, or anywhere in public, it just doesn't seem convenient.

Aside from that, I own a PS5/Xbox Series S/Nintendo Switch, so didn't really need it for most modern gaming, just wanted to do retro gaming on it up until PS3/Wii, but logic makes me think to just run emulation on the Xbox, keep the switch for those specific games/portability (as even Switch emulation on the deck so far has looked shaky), and save myself the £460...

Yea it's just massive that I don't know how many times I'll play it 'portably'.

Yea it's just massive that I don't know how many times I'll play it 'portably'.
Yeah, it's a shame. I understand they have great specs inside, and it's great for people who predominantly PC game or don't have suitable couch gaming for emulation etc. But I just don't see how much more use i would get out of it compared to what I currently own.

Yeah, it's a shame. I understand they have great specs inside, and it's great for people who predominantly PC game or don't have suitable couch gaming for emulation etc. But I just don't see how much more use i would get out of it compared to what I currently own.

If they had a version without the trackpads thus making smaller, I would have gone for it over trackpads.

Steam Deck: Q1 Shipping Details
Hi!

Happy launch day! We’ve seen some questions about what it means to be in the Q1 reservation group, and when these folks will receive their emails. Here’s how it breaks down.
  • All people who are in the Q1 reservation window on the Steam Deck store page will receive an order email by the end of March. (Q1 is Quarter 1, or January through March).
  • The first batch of emails has already gone out this morning.
  • The next batch of emails will go out on Monday, March 7th. (It turns out the logistics work out better if we don’t try to ship over a weekend.)
  • We’ll continue sending emails to Q1 reservers in the order their reservations were made on a weekly basis through the end of March (March 14th, 21st, 28th)
  • In April, we’ll start going through the Q2 queue in a similar fashion.

We’re working through our production schedules, and will have news soon for folks in the After-Q2 bucket.

Back
Top Bottom