*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

"Production will ramp up. First month we should be in the tens of thousands, 2nd month in the hundreds of thousands" - Valve Designer, Lawrence Yang

Valve Answers Our Steam Deck Questions - Next-Gen Console Watch - YouTube
thanks for the link

so the pre orders must be in the millions if they expect to be able to produce in the hundreds of thousands by april but are only giving estimate delivery dates by the end of 2022 thats 1.8 million by that point if its 200k per month.

i doubt very much that steam deck had that many pre orders so i think for a lot of us we may find our delivery estimates improve significantly or i'm hoping so

It could well be negativity bias but I'm seeing more reports of people being pushed later in terms of delivery than being pulled forward. (I'm Q2, ordered 18:11 by the time the page responded).

for those saying their date changed was it saying "Q2" before or "after Q2"?

Mine went from after Q2, to Q3, because it previously stopped at after Q2, they added Q3 and after Q3

Note time is showing in PDT whatever that is. Email I received says I ordered on august 15th though.

Aug 14, 2021 @ 11:24pm PDT

So 2:24am EST, which is something like 6:24am or 7:24am British time depending on the daylight savings (i have not looked).

OK thanks- so quite late on. I was first 12 minutes, just trying to get an idea of the orders that are getting bumped back from Q2.

Still down as a Q2 order for mine.

Anyone else just casually buying games in prep? lol

Casually buying games - I thought it might be a fairly convenient way to try and play some of the 200 or so in my library that I have barely picked up or never played.

Back
Top Bottom