*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Just checked my pre order, I placed it back on 20th July last year (top version) and its showing available at Q3 2022... It keeps getting pushed back. Should I just cancel and try buy from somewhere direct?
If you don’t mind paying a few hundred on top to a scalper, sure why not :p

Windows 10 drivers now available for the Steam Deck!

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/6121-ECCD-D643-BAA8

GPU, WiFi and Bluetooth are currently supported - no audio driver for the headphone jack or internal speakers (that's coming soon) but Bluetooth audio works.

No Windows 11 support at the moment (fTPM needs to be enabled) and no dual-booting but they're both in the works!
That was quick!

Seems they are putting a lot of effort into this. I think in another month or two they will solve a lot of the software issues people had a problem with.

if you love tinkering it looks like this is the way to go dual boot is what i want

can't wait to get my steam deck its Q3 for me so hopefully all the windows issues should be resolved by then

to put me on until it arrives i've also ordered the ayn odin pro i'm hoping this comes in either late april or may fingers crossed

if you love tinkering it looks like this is the way to go dual boot is what i want

can't wait to get my steam deck its Q3 for me so hopefully all the windows issues should be resolved by then

to put me on until it arrives i've also ordered the ayn odin pro i'm hoping this comes in either late april or may fingers crossed
Ah, you went for the Odin in the end! I'm a bit nervous about their estimations, as apparently they've delayed slightly atm due to some bumper issues, so it might end up being closer to May....

I've also been a bit impatient, and getting a GPD Win 3 on Monday :D found an eBay ad, where the guy lives locally, so arranged a hefty discount to collect, and getting it for £500. Only 2 months old with 10 months warranty with a UK retailer!

So I'll have the 3 to compare and decide which one to keep..

Ah, you went for the Odin in the end! I'm a bit nervous about their estimations, as apparently they've delayed slightly atm due to some bumper issues, so it might end up being closer to May....

I've also been a bit impatient, and getting a GPD Win 3 on Monday :D found an eBay ad, where the guy lives locally, so arranged a hefty discount to collect, and getting it for £500. Only 2 months old with 10 months warranty with a UK retailer!

So I'll have the 3 to compare and decide which one to keep..
Oh a GPD !! and thats a very good discount its supposed to be a great handheld you'll be spoilt for choice

i think i'll be keeping both odin and steam deck they will both serve different purposes as long as i get something for summer by june i'll be happy

i haven't heard of any delays to the odin but i haven't checked the website for any info recently but hopefully its just a short delay

let us know how you get on with the GDP Win 3

Are people sure they have been moved back? Valve have said that everyone kept the same timescale, they just changed "after Q2" to "Q3" or "after Q3" so not actually changed, just slightly more accurate

Oh a GPD !! and thats a very good discount its supposed to be a great handheld you'll be spoilt for choice

i think i'll be keeping both odin and steam deck they will both serve different purposes as long as i get something for summer by june i'll be happy

i haven't heard of any delays to the odin but i haven't checked the website for any info recently but hopefully its just a short delay

let us know how you get on with the GDP Win 3
I think the Odin is cheap enough to be a complimentary device to the Deck, even more if you travel regularly.

If I keep both, I'd probably end up having anything pre-GC/PS2 on the Odin, and newer emulation/PC games on the deck.

I think the Odin is cheap enough to be a complimentary device to the Deck, even more if you travel regularly.

If I keep both, I'd probably end up having anything pre-GC/PS2 on the Odin, and newer emulation/PC games on the deck.
yup exactly my thoughts odin can't do much beyond ps2 and gamecube but steam deck can emulate the newer consoles

i'm looking forward to both i just hope both don't arrive at the same time i don't mind if the odin comes first then afew months later the steam deck i'm Q3 so i doubt i'll see the deck until august and beyond

yup exactly my thoughts odin can't do much beyond ps2 and gamecube but steam deck can emulate the newer consoles

i'm looking forward to both i just hope both don't arrive at the same time i don't mind if the odin comes first then afew months later the steam deck i'm Q3 so i doubt i'll see the deck until august and beyond

It's quite dependent on the game. This channel has loads of Odin videos https://youtu.be/czWGuOi7biQ

Have you tried that deck calculator? I think they're reasonably accurate based on people who were Q1 and have/haven't received emails yet.

I ordered at midnight the day it was released, and I'm Q3, but estimated 18th July, so sounds like I just missed the late Q2 queue...

Also annoying that AYN released another update today, but still say they haven't restarted shipping yet... if its true they can do 300 units a day, I'd like to think the latest we get it is towards end of May.

What package did you go for in the end too? I went for a base black, as I thought it may be quicker to produce than the more specific options.

Have you tried that deck calculator? I think they're reasonably accurate based on people who were Q1 and have/haven't received emails yet.

I ordered at midnight the day it was released, and I'm Q3, but estimated 18th July, so sounds like I just missed the late Q2 queue...

Also annoying that AYN released another update today, but still say they haven't restarted shipping yet... if its true they can do 300 units a day, I'd like to think the latest we get it is towards end of May.

What package did you go for in the end too? I went for a base black, as I thought it may be quicker to produce than the more specific options.
what version did you order ? i'm late august i didn't get the confirmation until after 9pm on the 16th because i had to re confirm my purchase and they took that as my order time not the earlier one which was before 8pm

i went for the pro odin black but with the additional storage i did wonder whether thats what might cause a delay the super odin pro was tempting but again i thought that might delay and the extras weren't that appealing

whats the news about shopify ive seen mention of different colours and people were annoyed at that but can't see anything more about when it might be available to order from that website

Back
Top Bottom