Poll: *** The official Studio Display thread (it has the 27" 5K iMac screen and everything!) ***

Are you getting the 27" Studio Display?

• Yes

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You say plenty of solutions, if it’s not ASD, what are the alternatives?

Sorry for all the questions seems like a minefield. The Alienware one I would have probably gone for but burn in for productivity seems to be a real concern.

There are plenty of options imo. The M28U I mentioned above for example.

Soldato
There are plenty of options imo. The M28U I mentioned above for example.
I looked at that this time last year and I ruled it out for some reason.

I’m using the cal digit element hub, if I wanted to use my dell monitor as I do now usb c (thunderbolt)> hdmi. How would I connect the studio display? Directly into element hub as well? Or would I have to go back to plugging 2 cables in when I dock my Mac?

Again, thanks for your help, my head hurts just thinking about all this.

Soldato
You say plenty of solutions, if it’s not ASD, what are the alternatives?

Sorry for all the questions seems like a minefield. The Alienware one I would have probably gone for but burn in for productivity seems to be a real concern.
Well pretty much any monitor on the market will work, it just depends what you want to compromise on.
IF you don't go the ASD route then my own recommendation is pick up a good 27 inch 4k monitor. This will meet all your non-Mac needs and, in my experience, it's "close enough" in terms of pixel density/sharpness to the 5k Apple panel.
I had a 27 inch Dell 4k before I bought the ASD and was very happy with it. So unless you see a monitor side-by-side with the ASD the chances are you'll be perfectly happy.

Back
Top Bottom