Poll: *** The official Studio Display thread (it has the 27" 5K iMac screen and everything!) ***

Are you getting the 27" Studio Display?

• Yes

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters
I've got a Studio Display coming and I want to pair it with a Mac Mini. I do think there will be a refresh at some point but who knows when. M2 maybe, but probably not until the back end of the year. I'm thinking base M1 Mac Mini with 16GB @ £808 via HE pricing will be a good options as I store everything in the cloud. I'd love 32GB RAM but that isn't going to happen outside of the pro devices and I don't need that kind of processing power or to spend that kind of money. The display has always been the most important thing in any of my setups and the ASD should be more than I'll ever need.

I've got a Studio Display coming and I want to pair it with a Mac Mini. I do think there will be a refresh at some point but who knows when. M2 maybe, but probably not until the back end of the year. I'm thinking base M1 Mac Mini with 16GB @ £808 via HE pricing will be a good options as I store everything in the cloud. I'd love 32GB RAM but that isn't going to happen outside of the pro devices and I don't need that kind of processing power or to spend that kind of money. The display has always been the most important thing in any of my setups and the ASD should be more than I'll ever need.
Wait until after WWDC keynote (6pm today) before you order the Mac Mini. A new one likely isn't coming but always a bad idea to order anything from Apple right before an event.

Reactions: LiE
I was always considering two of these displays to go with my Studio and almost scored a two month old one at the weekend at a decent price . I've been looking at store stock and for the last couple of days there's been stock showing at Glasgow while I've been working in Gateshead.

For the next three days, I'm working near Glasgow and arrived here about three hours ago. I've just checked the stock again and there are none in Glasgow but they're showing available in Gateshead.

You couldn't make it up :(

I've heard mixed reviews from them. A few friends have a 4-5 week exchanges for relatively simple things. Still better to have it then buying from, as an example Currys

My experience has been good with them. Took something to store after 18 months, got a full refund. Always have Apple warranty for the first year anyway. If you don’t plan to buy AppleCare then an extra year of warranty for no additional cost isn’t to be sniffed at.

Back
Top Bottom