*** The Official Takeaway Voucher Code Thread ***

Soldato
Yeah, I was looking at McDonalds on Uber the other day and the prices were silly, as was the pop up claiming the delivery fee of £5 was due to the distance of the 'restaurant'. They're literally ten minutes down the road, there's places miles away in the next town over that deliver for less.

I've got one about half a mile from my house, and they charge a flat fee of £3.99 for delivery plus whatever for a service charge.

Unfortunately you have to get free delivery promos for it to be worthwhile as 40% off probably doesn't quite cover it, unless you're ordering lots.

Man of Honour
The double down is rank. It’s like eating a block of salt :(

i've only tried it once a couple of years ago, i swapped the BBQ sauce for Mayo but found it bland and far too salty

according to KFC's nutrition guide the Double Down burger has 3.84g of Salt, the daily recommended amount is 6g

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maccies delivery charge is probably order consolidation. Think about it, Maccies is by far and away the most popular fast food in the country, by miles. If they had a £1.50-£2 delivery fee, they would be ridiculously inundated with orders from people ordering something daft like a double cheeseburger and McFlurry. They would be sending couriers out left right and centre with petty orders. They would end up too busy and be closing up all the time, damaging their reliability on the service.

Charging £4 keeps orders at a manageable level, and encourages people to buy more food per delivery to make the charge a little better value. Just logical business sense.

Caporegime
i've only tried it once a couple of years ago, i swapped the BBQ sauce for Mayo but found it bland and far too salty

according to KFC's nutrition guide the Double Down burger has 3.84g of Salt, the daily recommended amount is 6g
You should be looking to drink at least half a litre of water after that to neutralise some of the sodium. Unless you suffer with low sodium levels, like myself.

Soldato
OP
Recently McDonald's and KFC popped up on UberEats but half the time they are listed as unavailable due to lack of delivery people in the area. All the other takeaways on UberEats in my area use their own delivery people.

Also the £3.99 delivery fee is a bit steep seeing as the drive-thru is like only a 10 minute round trip.

Man of Honour
A couple of days ago i noticed a takeaway around the corner from me (which has been shut for 3yrs+) has reopened under a new name,
they're your usual pizza/kebab shop, and they have just sprung up tonight on Foodhub!
my delight turned to frustration when i saw their pizza menu though as they do all their pizzas bogof which is no good for 1 person and they overcharge for the first one...
9" £12, 12" £14, 14" £17,
that's nearly Dominos prices :(

Soldato
OP
A couple of days ago i noticed a takeaway around the corner from me (which has been shut for 3yrs+) has reopened under a new name,
they're your usual pizza/kebab shop, and they have just sprung up tonight on Foodhub!
my delight turned to frustration when i saw their pizza menu though as they do all their pizzas bogof which is no good for 1 person and they overcharge for the first one...

Yeah that sounds like a daft business idea. But then again who orders Dominos without a discount voucher!

Soldato

I've some amazing locals and I know what you mean to an extent.

I can pick up (with a deal) a 14" Pizza + Kebab and other stuff for £12-16 depending on where I order from.

Yeah that sounds like a daft business idea. But then again who orders Dominos without a discount voucher!

That and tbh, the food is a bit **** compared to the stuff you can get local.

Soldato
OP
Only ever had Dominos once, pizza was the size of a 50p coin and I only got it as a free perk from some App a few years ago. I could get a 14" pizza from a local place for the same price they were asking for the tiny Dominos one.

Back
Top Bottom