The Official 'The Dark Knight Rises' Spoiler Discussion Thread...

Soldato
I do think there's a fair case to be had with the editing at points in TDKR though. Usually in films you would have a scene or two between the shots of him getting out of prison, and then appearing in Gotham. It could be an unrelated scene involving another character, or simply a very short cut to indicate the passage of time (Bruce Wayne on a boat, say, or the old time lapse shot). Whilst the latter doesn't add anything in terms of plot, it does feel a little jarring to watch a sequence without it.

There were other similar point in the film like this, and I get the impression that they may have just been left out to save time, but it does give the film that odd feeling that time passes really quickly.

Permabanned
Not sure if mentioned but they finally fixed banes voice for the DVD/Blu Ray release, to be more specific they seemed to have lowered the action sounds so his voice appears much louder.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's probably a cinema-specific problem.

I saw it at Vue Cinema in Swansea and found all his dialogue to be perfect, and I'm clinically deaf in one ear! :p

Permabanned
It's probably a cinema-specific problem.

I saw it at Vue Cinema in Swansea and found all his dialogue to be perfect, and I'm clinically deaf in one ear! :p

That could well be the problem, I saw it at the local imax and all his dialogue on the plane was just muffled lots of people did complain about it. But as you say it could be cinema specific, our cinema did seem to have mega loud action/sound effects that were much louder then voices. But I am just glad to be able to hear all the words now :)

Soldato
The voices of Bane and Batman are comical - especially Batman when he is talking to someone that knows he is Bruce Wayne (i.e. Catwoman)... almost had to laugh - surely she'd be like "stop putting on that stupid voice!"

Caporegime
Cant wait for this to come out on Blu ray, already pre-ordered as the release date is the 3rd of next month according to amazon.

Havent seen any special editions or anything like that though other than than HMV doing a steelbook edition iirc.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Cant wait for this to come out on Blu ray, already pre-ordered as the release date is the 3rd of next month according to amazon.

Havent seen any special editions or anything like that though other than than HMV doing a steelbook edition iirc.

Have you seen the cowl edition?

Soldato
Not sure if mentioned but they finally fixed banes voice for the DVD/Blu Ray release, to be more specific they seemed to have lowered the action sounds so his voice appears much louder.

That was the problem when I watched it at the cinema. His voice was too loud like it wasnt in the environment at all, but I still couldnt understand him most of the time.

Caporegime
Have you seen the cowl edition?

Yep i did see that but didnt think its worth the price, think its around £50 for it although ebay has one for £62.99.

As long as the version i have comes with some bonus content then im happy, reading the description on Amazon, it does seem to come with bonus content and is region free as well.

Associate
That was the problem when I watched it at the cinema. His voice was too loud like it wasnt in the environment at all, but I still couldnt understand him most of the time.

This really annoyed me when it first started. I saw the preview clip before MI:4 and his voice was too low to be heard over the sound effects, but then in the final release his voice was too loud, so it didn't sound like he was actually in the same room as the other actors. It was like they dubbed him over like Darth Vader. It didn't help that he sounded like Dr Evil from Austin Powers either - "Now I'm going to crash this plane -*raises pinky* -with no survivors!".

I watched it at the BFI IMAX.

Soldato
The voices of Bane and Batman are comical - especially Batman when he is talking to someone that knows he is Bruce Wayne (i.e. Catwoman)... almost had to laugh - surely she'd be like "stop putting on that stupid voice!"

I remember Bale saying something about the fact they always wanted to keep Batman and Bruce Wayne as almost seperate entities, and he didn't want Wayne to use the Bat voice and vice versa. Bruce isn't just dressing up as Batman, he is Batman.

Soldato
Finally got around to watching this! Thought it was really really good.

Few things:
I did think it dragged on slightly on a couple of occasions. Overall the ~3 hours flew by but some scenes were a bit slow.

Catwoman is hot.

The bit where the kid climbed out of the prison, the rope was on the edge as it was when Wayne climbed out. Why wouldn't she lower it in so everyone could get out? (i don't normally mind stuff like this but that one bugged me)

Bane was an awesome character.

At the end it did make my first thought be "did he actually die and is that Alfreds vision of him?"

Thought it would have been a better ending if it cut just after Alfred nodded, rather than showing Bruce and Selina. Not a biggy though.

Soldato
Finally got around to watching this! Thought it was really really good.

Few things:
I did think it dragged on slightly on a couple of occasions. Overall the ~3 hours flew by but some scenes were a bit slow.

Catwoman is hot.

The bit where the kid climbed out of the prison, the rope was on the edge as it was when Wayne climbed out. Why wouldn't she lower it in so everyone could get out? (i don't normally mind stuff like this but that one bugged me)

Bane was an awesome character.

At the end it did make my first thought be "did he actually die and is that Alfreds vision of him?"

Thought it would have been a better ending if it cut just after Alfred nodded, rather than showing Bruce and Selina. Not a biggy though.

To answer your question regarding:

Why Talia didn't lower the rope. Wayne did as by the time he got to the prison it was 'Bane's prison' and most of the people were there as they angered Bane, whereas when Talia escaped that were just your typical murderers, rapists, dodgy doctors so not her friends (they were all trying to kill her hence Bane's injuries). Wayne had reason to help the enemies of Bane.

Soldato
Definately getting the blueray, released too close to christmas:)

Probably the best cinema ticket i purchased this year. The quality of the prodution deserves the money twice over.

Soldato
As long as the version i have comes with some bonus content then im happy, reading the description on Amazon, it does seem to come with bonus content and is region free as well.
Just don't be expecting deleted scenes, alternate endings or alternate audio for Bane's voice...

Back
Top Bottom