The Official 'The Dark Knight Rises' Spoiler Discussion Thread...

Caporegime
Loved it! Probably preferred it to the first two.

Regarding this:

So what country was this prison pit in? How did they get Bruce wayne there and back? Getting back would be most difficult. No money, no passport 1000s of police after you. And no access to the island city and stuff?

Taken from IMDB:

It was never stated where the prison was. So we have no idea how long it takes to get there. When Alfred mentions it to Bruce early on, he says in an "some more ancient part of the world." (The fort is in Jodhpur, India). It is also revealed that Miranda/Talia has a plane, when she says to Bruce: "We could leave. Tonight. Take my plane. Go anywhere we wanted." When Bane seized the reactor, it was mentioned that they had about 5 months before it blew up. That gives Bruce enough time for a return trip from anywhere in the world. Gotham wasn't technically quarantined, as food shipments were allowed in. Citizens just weren't allowed out. That's how the Special Forces team managed to get into the city. Not to mention, Bruce was able to travel around the world living among the criminal underworld for 7 years when he ran away from Gotham. Therefore he clearly has the knowledge and capability to survive without his fortunes. The mythos of the Bane character tells us that the prison that Bane escaped is located on fictional island republic called Santa Prisca in the Caribbean Sea, which would have made for a very short flight for Bane and Bruce, though it's never specified in the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/faq#.2.1.64

Soldato
Awful, AWFUL, GOD AWFUL!

I can't begin to stress how much they ruined in this film. Bane... What a joke with the voice, so 'fake'.

Urgh, please let this be the last one.

Associate
I just watched this again the other night and Bane's voice is the same as in the cinema - really loud and out of sync with the other actors. It's hilarious in the beginning when the CIA guy asks him "And getting caught, was this part of your plan?" and Bane answers in a high-pitched cartoon cat voice "Of course!" :D.

Soldato
I just watched this again the other night and Bane's voice is the same as in the cinema - really loud and out of sync with the other actors. It's hilarious in the beginning when the CIA guy asks him "And getting caught, was this part of your plan?" and Bane answers in a high-pitched cartoon cat voice "Of course!" :D.

Tell me about it, Banes voice just felt so disconnected. No local ambiance or environment distortion, every single line he spoke was the same volume regardless of being in a falling plain where others had to shout or in a court room where others where whispering.

Painful. Who ever was in charge for that work should not be allowed to do film work again. It ruined the film for me.

Soldato
I agree.

I had big expectations for this film going by what others had said.

It was OK, but nothing special.

Bane's voice was ridiculous, I couldn't get on with it at all. Not the actual voice used, but the way it was dubbed in was terrible.

Associate
I saw a little featurette thing from the upcoming DVD and in real life Tom Hardy has loads of tattoos! They put some sort of make up all over him to cover them up. You can see it in some of the close up photos. Looks like he has loads of foundation all over himself.

Soldato
OP
Was quite excited about the broken cowl edition, saw some shipping out at work, it's not really well made at all :(

Already sick of the site of this at work, over a million units shipping out this week pre-release, TDKR pallets everywhere I look, it's going to ruin one of the favorite trilogies :D

Soldato
LOL ^^

As for Tom Hardy, yeah you can see the make-up on some of the publicity stills from the set, as well as backne:p. I'm sure I read somewhere they digitally removed some as well?

Looking back at some of the pictures of Hardy as Bane, he doesn't look anywhere near as big as he was in Bronson, but good enough I suppose.

Soldato
Hmm, perhaps you're right. I think it's the way he was filmed in Bronson that makes me think he looks bigger. In The Dark Knight Rises, in some shots, he looked huge and then not so much in others. I do think his traps give him the illusion of being bigger than he really is though.

Soldato
Anne Hathaway stole the show for me, so damn fine! Deckard Bane was pretty good in places, I had just watched Warrior though so had a high opinion of Hardy.

3qf0j4.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Still trying to figure out why Banes accent changes so much during the movie, sometimes it has a hint of Jamaican in it, especially the scene where he first fights batman talking about the dark, other times it doesn't have it at all. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom