** The Official WWDC 2010 Thread **

Yikes, the 32GB 3GS is £550 PAYG? There's no way the 4 will be cheaper.

I've got a 3G and have been ticking along on the Simplicity tariff since my contract expired. It's quite hard to justify spending that much on a new phone. Hopefully O2 will introduce better rates for the 18 month contract.

Yikes, the 32GB 3GS is £550 PAYG? There's no way the 4 will be cheaper.

I've got a 3G and have been ticking along on the Simplicity tariff since my contract expired. It's quite hard to justify spending that much on a new phone. Hopefully O2 will introduce better rates for the 18 month contract.

Price is going down on the 3GS, just hold on :)

Also who is charging you 550 PAYG?

440 at carphone warehouse :S

Apple completely dominating the Twitter Trends tonight. I've never seen anything like that before.

Mobile%20Photo%207%20Jun%202010%2020%2007%2039.jpg

Price is going down on the 3GS, just hold on :)

Also who is charging you 550 PAYG?

440 at carphone warehouse :S

I believe o2 are charging £549.99 for the 3GS 32GB PAYG. As long as the iPhone 4 16GB on PAYG is less than £600 and the cutting your sim technique works like it does on the ipads, i'll be buying.

As others have said.. how long iOSx?

There is still a requirement for a platform that can do the things the iPad can't. However the money isn't there..

No second guesses that they'll make an AppleTV with iOS 4.x.. the video streaming and HD handling for the iPhone screams AppleTV update! A natural cross over and not everyone wants a iPad sized move experience.. v2.. although having 720p will shoot them so hard in the foot that the air wll caused steve's body to thread it's self through it like a thread through the eye of a needle.. So I really expect the next series of releases to hit 1080p.. buying factors for the iPad2, iPhone5 and the AppleTV3..

Perhaps they'll skip 1080p completely and go straight to 3D..

I was genuinely hoping to buy one, I'm not here to bash it, but I'm not that impressed.

That said, it doesn't look BAD, I've not said that :)

(Edit: Mis quote lol)

Seriously mate, some of what you've posted is just mind boggling.

I currently own a Nexus One so I'm far from a fan boy...but what else are you expecting? Are you expecting them to magic new non-existent technology that we'll probably see 6-12 months down the line?

As far as I'm aware the screen is double the res...how is that a small upgrade?

How is going from a 500 ish mhz to probably a 1ghz dual core a small upgrade?

As far as I'm aware the screen is double the res...how is that a small upgrade?

How is going from a 500 ish mhz to probably a 1ghz dual core a small upgrade?

OLED has been out for a while already, and a lot of people would consider that better.

If the CPU is dual core, then fair enough. I dont think it is, is it?

For me, it's still fatally flawed by it's software, I appreciate not everyone feels that way, and that's fair enough :)

Woah! What a long wait in the queue this morning!

Got there at 6:30 and the queue went around the whole block. Eventually got in and cheekily snuck to the front of the queue. Got a pretty good seat!

Unfortunately the wifi keeled over and was impossible to do anything online! Steve even asked if people could turn off their wireless dongles!

Will post some pics up in a bit!

I would say, being there, the iPhone 4 is bloomin fantastic! It'll replace my ageing 3G! The gyroscope demo was great, was very funny to watch Steve doing pirouettes playing with the Jenga blocks!

Last edited:
The whole "revolutionary" facetime thing was pretty lame...

It's just a webcam :-/

It's the whole copy and paste thing all over again..."Revolutionary!"

i'm not so sure i agree.

No other software / hardware provider have such a polished integrated solution.

Apples keystone has always been functionality that works, right out of the box. None of the android / windows mobile phones will do video calling out of the box, and even if you do find a phone with a front facing cam, and download an app to do video calling, you can bet it will be a while before it feels as polished as apples does.

Back
Top Bottom