*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Wow the xbox one has really impressed me.

Loving the multi tasking and snapping between different apps that's a major step in the right direction.

The UI is pretty good standard metro look which is pretty OK.

Forza 5 is AMAZING.
Battlefield 4 has impressed me trunning at 60fps as well.

Associate
Yeah have to say after owning my One for a week I'm very impressed. Don't have any problems with the UI bar getting used to where things are, love the TV & snap features. Not got a kinect yet so waiting to see how that turns out but loving it. Only played Titanfall which is fantastic and good fun, and the Destiny beta which looks stunning.

One query I have is regarding surround sound, I have my Xbox connected to my TV via hdmi. Then my TV connected to my surround sound via optical cable. Now I get 5.1 with blu ray player and my old 360 this way, but the One doesn't seem to be outputting the same. Possibly something I'm missing in the settings?

Soldato
I've had my XB One for a fortnight now and I need to ask fellow owners a couple of questions to see if my one is a lemon.

1) The HDD, are these quite noisy? I can hear my one crunching away while playing games.
2) Stuttering in games? Not all the time but an occasional, noticeable glitch like it has skipped a few frames of video. I get this in both Forza and Titanfall.
3) Sound messing up, only noticed this in Forza. Is this a thing or just a thing for me?
4) Occasional locked tiles. IE I was last playing Forza, when I fire up the console the main tile is blank and selecting it does nothing, same with selecting the disc in drive tile. Needs a hard reset to fix it. Again, just me?

Don't get me wrong I really like the console and as a result I've done more gaming in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 months on my 360 but it seems quite buggy for over 7 months in.

Soldato
I've had my XB One for a fortnight now and I need to ask fellow owners a couple of questions to see if my one is a lemon.

1) The HDD, are these quite noisy? I can hear my one crunching away while playing games.
2) Stuttering in games? Not all the time but an occasional, noticeable glitch like it has skipped a few frames of video. I get this in both Forza and Titanfall.
3) Sound messing up, only noticed this in Forza. Is this a thing or just a thing for me?
4) Occasional locked tiles. IE I was last playing Forza, when I fire up the console the main tile is blank and selecting it does nothing, same with selecting the disc in drive tile. Needs a hard reset to fix it. Again, just me?

Don't get me wrong I really like the console and as a result I've done more gaming in the last 2 weeks than the last 2 months on my 360 but it seems quite buggy for over 7 months in.

Not had any of that

Soldato

Are the games on the hard disk? If so, it sounds like it might be developing a fault. All the things you mentioned are signs of a failing disk. It's glitching when it's trying to load data from the area of the drive that's failing.

Soldato
I'm quite liking the new update. I like the adding of the social aspects to XBL. It makes it feel like more of a community. If anybody wants an invite to the beta add me and i'll add you to the beta via the preview app.

Soldato
Not had any of that

Are the games on the hard disk? If so, it sounds like it might be developing a fault. All the things you mentioned are signs of a failing disk. It's glitching when it's trying to load data from the area of the drive that's failing.

Ah ok, thanks guys. I did think it odd that it sounded like the decade old desktop I use at work :( Another thing I didn't mention is stalling on installs giving a "Installation Stopped" warning when updating while off. I guess that points towards the HDD as well :(

Associate
Anyone else have big issues with their controller disconnecting and having to be synced again over and over?

I don't have to keep re-syncing mine, but my controller has been disconnecting randomly over the past few days and since updating the OS.
Sometimes I can play for an hour+ with no issues, other times it'll disconnect several times within 15 minutes. I have to wait ~5 seconds and it'll reconnect itself.

I've had the console since March and although it hasn't been used much over the last 2 months, before that I never had the controller issue.

I'm going to try some regular batteries in case it's an issue with the 'play & charge kit' battery... seems unlikely though.

Associate
Hey guys got my one today and am loving it. Add me up for some games on Destiny or titanfall :) I D3F3NDER I
Any hints or tips for the console? I'm playing around with the voice controls :)

Back
Top Bottom