*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

I'm downloaded the preview app but not the update yet, poxy controller is doing my head in now, keep disconnecting me during FIFA and my opponent scored a goal, still come back whooped him though :D

I haven't been involved with any os preview updates myself.

I've tried everything suggested in support threads about the controller disconnect issue, even turning off my router to rule out interference.
It's looking like a hardware fault in my case... it could be an OS issue, but seems unlikely as there haven't been too many reports.

Hey folks, I'm looking to buy an xbone in the US however for some reason MS thought it would be a great idea for it not to come with a multi voltage PSU. Can I get a replacement UK spec one back home? I've not seen any online, but there seems to be vague talks you can get a replacement from MS support? Anyone done this? Any info welcome!

Does anyone know how to get 5.1 working on the One? My set up is xbox via hdmi to TV, then optical from the TV to the receiver. This works fine with my blu-ray player, old 360, ps3 etc. But with the One all sound comes though the front speakers, I've tried all the settings and having the optical direct from the One to the receiver but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know how to get 5.1 working on the One? My set up is xbox via hdmi to TV, then optical from the TV to the receiver. This works fine with my blu-ray player, old 360, ps3 etc. But with the One all sound comes though the front speakers, I've tried all the settings and having the optical direct from the One to the receiver but still no joy.

Any ideas?

Have you got the optical audio setting on the one set to bitstream and Dolby digital ? This is with the optical lead direct to receiver.

Does your receiver have HDMI inputs ?

Yep tried that, tried hdmi off, optical off, optical on bitstream with DD and hdmi on 5.1 uncompressed. Can't seem to get anything to work, strange as the 360 worked perfectly with no messing. My receiver is a Panasonic all in one jobby so just hdmi out, but as I said it worked perfect.

Yep tried that, tried hdmi off, optical off, optical on bitstream with DD and hdmi on 5.1 uncompressed. Can't seem to get anything to work, strange as the 360 worked perfectly with no messing. My receiver is a Panasonic all in one jobby so just hdmi out, but as I said it worked perfect.

Yea I had exactly the same problem, also have a Panasonic system urrmmm, il have to go turn my xbone on to remember how mines set up...

No idea then I'm afraid. I use a Denon through HDMI and it works perfect but will not for some reason recognise my 360.

Life was easier when all you had was a pair of Phono leads. :)

Today I did two things that have really changed my enjoyment of the Xbox one.

Firstly I went through the TV calibration process in the display settings. Wow... I knew it wasn't set up that well but it looks so much better. The colours are no longer cartoon like and the TV isn't generating jaggies with things like edge detection and high sharpness levels. If you haven't done it I'd recommend it.

Secondly I bought a cheap soundstage. The audiophiles would have a fit but the sound is so much fuller than my tinny TV speakers.

Downsides - I'm still not convinced my HDD is right as it is a bit noisy and the live service, which I always raved about on the 360, seems way too patchy. Also the way it does some things really annoys me now. Want to look at the details of a recent achievement? No worries, lets load the game up and you can sit looking at a spinning disc on 20% of your screen for 60 seconds while the "snap" loads. Really?! All I wanted was the one line description of what it was for. I didn't want to have to wait a week for it and I certainly didn't want to load the bloody game!

Back
Top Bottom