*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Caporegime
It only seems to be MS published games that are using the new achievements. Others are just keeping one background image and overlaying the smaller icons from last gen, probably to keep it simple for PS4 and Steam.

Soldato
Looks to depend on yrou main game etc.

iT57sS7zCQdUO.jpg

imJEQ881IJRvA.jpg

Soldato
I really like those new backgrounds. The black was a little boring.

Just a little bumb also for a preview invite if anyone can help :)

FREAK 05

Last edited:
Soldato
Theirs another update apparently that you will be able to set your own backgrounds by the end of the month I think, so can be any image you want by then.

Downsides to preview is you really are a test hamster, so if it breaks something or some sort of functionality you can be stuck with a problem for a short while, but MS seem to be shooting updates out at a silly rate.

Soldato
I'm absolutely loving the achievement art background. Also if you're in the preview you should now be able to set any picture you want from the media player (you may need to reinstall it for it to work).

When you set the tile colour the match the background image it can look amazing, like the examples already posted. It makes the home screen so much nicer to look at.

I love the look of the £25 TV tuner thing too, we only have Freeview so this could be well worth getting. I wonder how much extra power I'd be using as the Xbox will pretty much be on the whole time we'e at home now. Never mind! :p

Soldato
not sure just heard that 8 people can play with a controller and more can play using voice commands:)

Cool will give it a go tonight when get home.

Two other questions:

1) Anyone use the kinect when it sits below the TV any issues?

2) I am sure I am being stupid here, but how on earth do you just browse the Xbox store on the X1? I can find the recommending, the whats hot stuff, but I can't seem to find an option to just browse the store.

Cheers

Kimbie

Soldato
My Kinect sits below the TV, don't seem to have any issue, in fact with the viewing angles, it catches my feet and head when I'm around 1.2m away, no problem. (I'm 1.74m)

To just browse the store, go to store on the far right of dashboard / home.
As you select and look around for apps, on the bottom of New or Recommended, there's like "..." at the bottom of the tiles. Select that for more app.

Still very limited but I expect more to come over time.

Back
Top Bottom