*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Read the IGN link. The reason why the install times are slower is due to their decision to not make it an 'online only' console. As they changed this last minute it threw a lot of developers.

It's complete bull blaming the developers, it's the way the console handles the updates with the install.

If it was developers fault then ok, FM5 and Ryse we'd expect to have long install times. But Halo takes an age to install, unless you put the console into offline mode!

That's a new game, developed by MS and it still isn't right. So it's wrong to blame the devs over it.

Soldato
Install times is such a non-issue. Is it really so bad to wait an hour for the game to install before you play it the first time. It only needs installing once.

Anyway, surely install time from disc is largely limited by the read time of the optical drive. How anyone would think a next-gen console could somehow install a game faster than any other system with a disc drive, I do not know. :confused:

Edit: As for patches, I downloaded the Destiny demo last week and it probably took around 90 minutes to d/l 20GB. I was happy with that and if I weren't, again, I wouldn't be blaming the console.

It is an issue when i buy a new console switch it on before 7 and i am still not playing a game by 10. Then i need to delete files, knock it onto offline mode, install the game, then let it patch. God knows how long it would have been if i hadn't done that. Maybe the next morning?

I could install a new PC and be playing a game quicker than that! I actually think if i got a new xbox out the box and put in Halo MCC without changing anything other than initially putting it on my network if i could actually build, install and play a game on PC in less time. I think i could, with time to spare.

Soldato
It's complete bull blaming the developers, it's the way the console handles the updates with the install.

If it was developers fault then ok, FM5 and Ryse we'd expect to have long install times. But Halo takes an age to install, unless you put the console into offline mode!

That's a new game, developed by MS and it still isn't right. So it's wrong to blame the devs over it.

Isn't Halo a result of it having to download a gigantic day one amount of something like 20gig?

Don
What I do with a new game is put my Xbox into offline mode, install game, go online then download the patch, it's way quicker this way. If I do the install/DL patch in the same moment it's stuck on 1% for hours.

Soldato
I must have some kind of super system cause im no where near the length of time to install any game some are saying.

Same here. PS4 does install quicker true, but that's just because it does it in a different way.

The XO install length is no issue at all for me though, only the same as 360/PS3. Plus under normal circumstances it's a once-only deal so hardly something to moan about.

Associate
So I've owned a PS4 for a year and really enjoyed it, will continue to be my main console, but..

I've been working a LOT of hours the last three weeks so I have some disposable income and after not knowing what to buy, I'm considering an Xbox One.

The reason why is because I'm interested in the Forza games, Halo and Sunset Overdrive, plus future exclusives.

Should I go for a second console? Still debating for and against.

Caporegime
So I've owned a PS4 for a year and really enjoyed it, will continue to be my main console, but..

I've been working a LOT of hours the last three weeks so I have some disposable income and after not knowing what to buy, I'm considering an Xbox One.

The reason why is because I'm interested in the Forza games, Halo and Sunset Overdrive, plus future exclusives.

Should I go for a second console? Still debating for and against.

The earlier you buy, the longer you have to enjoy it over its life cycle!

Do it!

Associate
Cheap enough now, you can get Console + 6 game bundles (which include Forza 5 and HALO MCC) for under £350, well worth nabbing one.

Please could you link me to some? I particularly want Forza Horizon 2 and Halo Masterchief Collection, possibly Forza 5. Wouldn't mind to try Sunset Overdrive, but not really high on my list.

Back
Top Bottom