*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Wow, desperate to sell xbox ones over here, you can get a One with both the Assassin's Creed games for AU $399 or about £210 or same deal with Halo and Sunset Overdrive for AU$449. No equivalent for PS4 which is annoying as i would have picked up a PS4 for that deal.

Soldato
Soldato
Not really with the likes of psn or live which needs persistent connections to each client to work.

MS used to brag that they had virtually unlimited servers to cope with any demand.

Yeah, about that.

They probally do to cope with normal demand, but it is a question of if their perimeter network can handle all the traffic

Associate
so in a weird twist lizard squad asked kim dot com for 3000 premium mega vouchers and they would stop the ddos on ps4 and xbox

as he loves gaming he obliged and the attacks stopped its on kims and lizard squads twitter

Associate
Yep, apparently he will revoke the memberships if they attack either of them again.

On one had its a bit silly what he has done as this will open up the flood gates for other weasel squads to try this but on the other hand props to him for stepping in and sorting it!

Caporegime
I might have once been a Cisco Certified Network Associate but that's all out the window now. It seems these attacks online are just possible because of the Internet's hodge podge design. If the world ever gets on to IPv6, will these DDOS things still be possible?

Associate
I might have once been a Cisco Certified Network Associate but that's all out the window now. It seems these attacks online are just possible because of the Internet's hodge podge design. If the world ever gets on to IPv6, will these DDOS things still be possible?

IPV6 wont do anything to stop DDoS attacks. What needs to be done is for the ISP's/NTP/DNS service providers to reject the spoofed headers used in these types of attack.

Back
Top Bottom