*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
PSN has maintenance on the odd Monday night and messages can be a bit slow and that's what people cry about.

You can't blame MS or Sony for the current problems imo. Both seem to be struggling to restore their service are what was a really big ddos attack. It's not just Sony or MS to consider either, the attack will have caused problems at their ISPs, and other ancillary providers for them.

PSN has been down a LOT this year. It's been down more in the 1 year I've had my PS4 than XBL was down in the 7 years I had a 360. XBL is just a much more stable service IMO.

Caporegime
Hi all, I'm after a FPS for the Xbox One but can't make my mind up.

I'm not overly keen on getting the new CoD but would like one that has good online gameplay.

Any suggestions?

Destiny has lots of grind in it. Lots of MMO in it so its not really a FPS.

I'd be looking at battlfield 4 if you want a proper FPS and dont fancy COD.

Associate
PSN has been down a LOT this year. It's been down more in the 1 year I've had my PS4 than XBL was down in the 7 years I had a 360. XBL is just a much more stable service IMO.

I can only recall a handful of times it's been down this year. This DDOS attack has been the most significant downtime and it's hardly their fault.

In my time with MS I exchanged my console 8 times due to various hardware faults and remember a week of Live down time over one Christmas. We got a free game as compensation, some rubbish underwater shooter with Divers or something?

It cant be denied that Live is a more robust service but you're in the same boat either way, deal with it.

Soldato
All I can remember is 2-3 scheduled outages and maybe a couple of hours of outages when the service experienced unforeseen problems. Since firmware 2.1 ps4/psn has been rock solid until this attack.

Soldato
PSN has maintenance on the odd Monday night and messages can be a bit slow and that's what people cry about.

Do people still send messages over XBL/PSN to their mates? As my lot just text each other or form a party. Of course, you can't do that to randomers/those who you don't have the number of, but sending a message is much more of a faff than it used to be (IMO). :)

Soldato
Hi guys, got a Xbone for xmas but i am having trouble finding my profile tile. On all videos i have seen it is next to the big tile which shows whats playing etc. Although on mine there is no file next to it. Do i have to enable this somewhere?

Soldato

It went down a bit a few months ago, but then it handled the CoD launch with barely a sniff of any problems which is a first for a CoD launch and it's been great since up until Virgin Squad antics. Downloads always seem to max out my fibre connection too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom