*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
anyone having issues connecting to xbox one tonight :mad: keeps telling me to check connection even though i can use party chat but just can't get into a game or check my subscriptions via settings

Soldato
150 is pretty much on the button to be honest.

Remember is works for PC gaming now as well.

The thought of never having to take my thumbs off the sticks in any FPS game nearly makes it worth it alone, then add on setting the triggers to half or a quarter the pull distance to fire.

Last edited:
Soldato
New UI teased.

- Completely redesigned UI.
- The biggest improvement and focus was on was making it fast - getting into and out of games, parties, screenshots, etc.
- New Home screen, has a "recently played" area with all of your recent games and apps. Each game listed here shows additional information (Game Hub, announcements from game developers like patch notes and such, and quick shortcuts to things like Clips/Screenshots/Achievements for that game).
- Pins are still there, at the very bottom under your recently played list
- Activity Feed is more prominent and Trending area is on the right of the screen.
- "Quick Menu" to the left of Home. Fast access to Friends List, Party (if you're in one), Notifications, Messages, even some settings (volume, do not disturb mode, etc) can be adjusted on the fly there without having to dive down deep. This Quick Menu slides on top of games too when double tapping the xbox button. Kind of similar to the first Xbox 360 Guide (where it doesn't take up the whole screen) but much sleeker looking.
- Cortana comes to Xbox One. You can ask “Hey Cortana, is Amanda online?” and she’ll let you know without having to leave your game. Can say “Hey Cortana, start a party and invite Amanda” and it'll work all hands-free without pressing any buttons. You can still use the same voice commands that you're used to on Xbox One, but now can use natural language as well. An example shown was “Hey Cortana, record the last minute and share it to my activity feed.” she then asks what message you'd like to share with your clip and uploads it. Cortana can record clips, send messages to friends, post to activity feed, etc.
- Releasing this Fall

Soldato
New UI teased.

- Cortana comes to Xbox One. You can ask “Hey Cortana, is Amanda online?” and she’ll let you know without having to leave your game. Can say “Hey Cortana, start a party and invite Amanda” and it'll work all hands-free without pressing any buttons. You can still use the same voice commands that you're used to on Xbox One, but now can use natural language as well. An example shown was “Hey Cortana, record the last minute and share it to my activity feed.” she then asks what message you'd like to share with your clip and uploads it. Cortana can record clips, send messages to friends, post to activity feed, etc.
- Releasing this Fall

Hopefully this works through your mic, too, rather than having to bellow it into a distant kinect! They all sound good to me. The party system seems to have taken a hammering since the most recent patch or two (taking 20-25 seconds to connect voices!)

Back
Top Bottom