*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Gamestop keeps putting announced game/accessories at stupid price to get traffic and shares going before jacking it up to the RRP.

Pipboy Edition was another such ploy during E3 announcement.

Soldato
Don't look like it but the Kinect Mic + Cortana alone is worth the price you'll sell it for. Current commands is brilliant, but to get Cortana (if anything like my WP8), I am excited!

As long as they make it more useful that it is now, rarely use the current voice commands.

Still not as bad as the PS4 camera though, got suckered into both :)

Soldato
As long as they make it more useful that it is now, rarely use the current voice commands.

Still not as bad as the PS4 camera though, got suckered into both :)

Is your Xbox plugged into your main entertainment system? If so, then it's more useful. If it's a spare room / game room setup, it'll be mostly dead weight apart from party invite, snapping and launches, maybe search via Bing too.

I use mine with the TV dongle (works fine with Sky / Virgin too), watching, changing channels, volume, play, pause, forward, rewind, the basics from a remote all via command whilst my fingers covered in KFC grease.

Turning on and off everything connected (TV / Xbox / Sound System) via command.

Bing search for games in market, IE browsing and music.

Hope Corntana makes it a little more natural rather that having to go "Xbox", I swear my Chinchillas think their name is Xbox as I use that more often in front of them than calling them by their names!

Soldato
Cortina seems good at the requests you can make like "is blah blah online" or "record the last minute" etc but it sounds like an 80s speech synthesiser when talking.

It'll improve. She use to speak like that on the phone, but with more voicing and improvement as they expand her data base with the imminent release for iOS / Android.

She now speaks like Laura Croft in the UK variant (imo)

Back
Top Bottom