*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Gears of War looks absolutely hilariously poor. My only hope is that it does not look that bad upon release, if it does whomever is responsible should be sent to space. Gears of War is excellent.

While it doesn't look spectacular it's still an excellent game. I'm really not that bothered that the upgrade isn't massive as it's only a remake. It still plays well. I suspect it's only a stop gap/cash in until Gears 4 is out next year and I'm ok with that. You can get the game for £30 and it comes with 19 maps on release :D

Associate
Id completely forgot about ea ! , how are xbox ones using the Netflix and nowtv apps?, I'm using an apple tv 3 box at the moment, if the xbox does a better job than this I might as well sell it.

Soldato
Also is anyone using the TV tuner add on? ,I like the idea of this.

I use the TV tuner.
Coming off from a paid Sky user, the HD channels are sharper and crispier. My reception is poor locally but with a decent antenna and the tuner, I am getting decent pictures both HD and SD.

I use my kinect for changing channels, volume and apps launches, so it goes hand in hand when you have KFC grease all over it.

The additional bit is the streaming. Your Xbox must be on, but with that, you can stream to your tablet / laptop or phone whilst you play in your full screen - snapping the TV app and streaming works too. So missus in the kitchen can also watch the same channel.

Down side: single receiver / channel, no recording function due to licencing but does have 30mins rewind on the channel you're watching. A great add on if you use the Xbox as a central hub.

Soldato
Id completely forgot about ea ! , how are xbox ones using the Netflix and nowtv apps?, I'm using an apple tv 3 box at the moment, if the xbox does a better job than this I might as well sell it.

I swear Netflix streams better than other devices I have on the same account, though I'm not a fan of the app menu and now films are laid out.

Associate
why is my net connection so slow on the xbox? All my tablets are fine, my phone is fine on it, my tv is fine with netflix and amazon, my pc and laptop all use the connection to the best speed. The xbox though consistently drops out of online games, i was dowloading the Elder Scrolls patch last night at 250k BITS a second! Its not using wifi, i have it cabled into the router. What else can i do!

Don
NAT is the biggest flaw with the Xbox One, it completely ended the whole play with friends thing as it's just a nightmare to join a game where everyone can hear each other or just everyone can get in a game. RIP Xbox 360 parties :(

Back
Top Bottom