*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I've been on the NXE since it's initial BETA release, still not that impressed with it.

I think the layout it illogical, cluttered and the only continuation of Windows is in the W10 desktop app design which is carried over. I think that works as an app as the info you are looking at is fairly limited, but as a full-blown console dashboard I don't think it copes particularly well personally. Not a fan of both horizontal browsing AND vertical browsing. Plus I find it fairly slow, does anyone else get a noticeable pause when bringing the quick menu in from the left hand side of the home screen?

Soldato
I've been on the NXE since it's initial BETA release, still not that impressed with it.

I think the layout it illogical, cluttered and the only continuation of Windows is in the W10 desktop app design which is carried over. I think that works as an app as the info you are looking at is fairly limited, but as a full-blown console dashboard I don't think it copes particularly well personally. Not a fan of both horizontal browsing AND vertical browsing. Plus I find it fairly slow, does anyone else get a noticeable pause when bringing the quick menu in from the left hand side of the home screen?

Yes at least a 3 second delay!

Soldato
I haven't used the new UI at all but I'm assuming it will be a drastic change when it gets installed (today?). Where you've been using it throughout the beta you're used to the nuances of it and will be seeing the issues that exist as you're very familiar with it. However for the 'general user' the improvement should be fairly significant (and positive)?

Soldato
Microsoft's chat support is pretty appalling. 2 hours earlier today to check the status of my repair since they have my console but the status online was cancelled :mad:

Escalated it and managed to determine that it was cancelled in error and that the console had been located and a new repair request created. Finally getting updates on my console at last. For a few hours I had no idea where it was! :eek:

Soldato
Hmmm....taking the Elite version out of the equation....
Is there any advantages to the 1tb model other than storage size?
The 1tb was released after the 500gb so maybe there was other minor hardware updates?

Soldato
The 1tb was released after the 500gb so maybe there was other minor hardware updates?

The controller will be the new version, with 3.5mm jack, otherwise, all hardware bar the HDD is the same.

Soldato

The 1tb HDD in the Elite an Hybrid SSD and will load games quicker than any other model.

Associate
New dashboard is a massive improvement on the previous mess.

Still can't figure out how to download demos without using bing search though.

Can someone tell me how to access my 360 arcade games? I am looking for monkey island 1 and 2 that I had, but unable to find them. They are on the list to.

Soldato

I'm with you on all of this, there's a few nice improvements (like the new guide) but for the most part I preferred the old dashboard. I also have slight delays opening the guide, I think it's fairly common.

Caporegime

THere has been no hardware revisions on the console unlike the PS4.

only console changes have been to the disks.

Back
Top Bottom