1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by peahead, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Boomstick777

Capodecina

Help appreciated, totally new to the new dash and backward compatibility.

So I've got Dirt 3 and a few Gears of War games digital, but they don't appear in my Xbox One 'Ready to Install' or 'Queue' section? Like it says they will on the MS website..

How to I download these to my Xbox One?

Cheers guys.

2. Dannyb01y

Mobster

Have you restarted the console since the update? I can see gears 1, 3 and Judgment in my ready to install list. I think the latter 2 were free with GWG.

3. Boomstick777

Capodecina

Yeah I just read that you needed to refresh your Xbox One games section, but had no idea how to do this so loaded up our Xbox 360 and clicked on all the Xbox One compatible games, then restarted the Xbox One, to see if that would update anything. I can see the games in the ready to install section now. Got a few downloading.

Did any of you buy the new Gears of War Remastered game? That was supposed to come with all the other games via digital but haven't got those, just ones I had already bought previously.. Any idea on how to get the rest?

4. Spikey

Soldato

They are due December 1st :)

5. peahead

Mobster

Anybody tried the digital 360 games yet if so how do they run ? currently downloading sonic 1/2/3 plus a few others:D

6. timmy85

Hitman

Had a quick go of dirt 3 earlier. Couldn't fault it

7. peahead

Mobster

Nice to hear:) i was hoping OutRun would have been on the list but nope not yet :(

8. deej

Hitman

Looks like a great time to snag some 2nd hand 360 games, but I was PS3 last gen so have no idea which to get. Any pointers, chaps?

9. RedStarRiot

Mobster

Halo and Gears are big call outs.

Fable if your into RPG's....Rock Star table tennis:p

10. chris4652009

Mobster

Updated mine late last night, had a look around it this morning...very intuitive, everything is easy to find, definitely quicker than the old UI too....I like it :)

11. House

Mobster

I havent had an update since the 8th or 9th (i was in the preview) can someone post the version number please so i can check i'm on the current live version,

Mine has a really annoying little bug right now where if i launch Youtube it gets stuck as the last app, if i quit it if i run something else if i hard reset the console im still stuck with youtube at the top of my list and the last thing i ran vanishes, it basically stops the recently open bit working, its not show stopping but it is annoying.

Have they fixed the rockband instruments working correctly yet? I cant check cause they are back at home.

12. Thesnipergecko

Soldato

Mine hasn't updated since the 9th. I was on the preview program, What's the final build number?

13. Plainsong

Soldato

I just went in to settings and manually updated it. If you're on the correct version it'll say no updates available? No idea on the build number.

14. spaceman

Mobster

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  15. Thesnipergecko

Soldato

16. peahead

Mobster

Very impressed by the 360 backwards compatibility.. the games i have seem to run great:D Shadow Complex still looks ok for an old game:p

17. antijoke

Caporegime

Eh?

That's not a BC title.

18. Steedie

Man of Honour

I really want to exit the preview program as I'm sick of daily updates near enough as I don't have instant on turned on.

It's ridiculous that to exit the program you have to reformat your xbox and lose all app data and saved games unless you back up to a hard drive first :(

19. TriedandTested

Capodecina

The daily updates seemed to have stopped now. I expect it was due to the big release arriving.

20. Phog

Mobster

Not sure how anyone can not like the new UI. It's a massive improvement and I found it very easy to use. Things like Right a trigger on home screen to go to 'My Stuff' is simple and effective.

I'm sure it's not perfect and we'll find bugs / issues but cant imagine going back to the old one.