*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

The newer x1 looks slick, I like it. I am tempted to throw my existing X1 upstairs as a plex box as my Samsung smart TV plex app is ok but I prefer the layout on the X1.

And its got a large HD as well, I prefer built in HD not ones you plug in externally. So the newer slim X1 looks good to me, nice size, good HD capacity so I'm tempted by it.

Not a fan of the colour scheme but I think the design of the new console looks good, and it being more compact is very welcome. Still not feeling compelled to get a second console but it's certainly more appealing than the current behemoth.

If you've already got an Xbone you may as well wait until the Scorpio.

I have, I got it second hand to test the waters and see if I'd use it. I hate the OS but I do like plex and the exclusives games on it.

I got a 500GB HD in the X1 I've got, its ok but I would prefer more storage but I would prefer internal storage, PS4 I just swapped the drive, the X1 you can't do that, so I'd need a USB 3 caddy drive. Its just more peripherals taking up room under the TV.

Small issue i know, but its still not how I prefer my setups to be. But I do like how the USB ports on x1 are placed better then on PS4. Why have USB ports on the front of a games console? I mean really? lol

Looks ok, the internal PSU is long overdue and very welcome, the size reduction a bonus for people like me who simply don't have much room under their TV.

I do not like it in white though so I'm hoping it will also come in black, has there been any official comment on the colours available?

4K video
2TB internal HDD
Longer range pad with texture grip (don't care as my living room isn't the size of a football field)
Internal PSU - about time
40% smaller. That's about same size as a PS4?

Basically its what MS should have released circa 2013 minus the 2TB drive and 4K video playback.. If that is what they showed back at E3 2013 with a 500GB hard drive and the pad with built in mic support then it would have competed better with Sony at the time..

But no, we got the huge breeze block with an external PSU and a gamepad that still required an adaptor for mic, but least I managed to snag one cheap second hand, as the X1 exclusives are nice to play.

I am tempted but see how much it is as I do have a 4K TV so I could make use of the 4K video playback and the internal 2TB hard drive would be a huge bonus for me.

Back
Top Bottom