*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Cheers for that. I'm planning on getting the media remote anyway for Now TV usage and potentially Netflix.

The long term goal is to replace my Amazon Fire TV, just waiting for the Xbox Kodi release to be stable and hopefully that'll be the turning point. Would be nice to consolidate Xbox, Fire TV and Now TV box all into one!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
We use the Xbox for Netflix/Prime, general catch-up, and VLC using the media remote and it works a treat. We just have all the apps pinned and it's very quick and easy to flick between them.

Soldato
For those of you that use one. Do you have the official Media Remote or one of the cheaper ones?

£20 isn't a big deal for the official one but some of the cheaper ones look to have extra features.

Like this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PDP-Talon-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CP4N4FNJFB00EZETXYXH
I've got the official, but I did look at getting that remote too after my girlfriend voiced a complaint about the official remote not having numbers so you can't jump directly to a channel. We've got through that phase and both use the planner happily now so I never bought one, seems to be quite well rated though.

Soldato
Hmmm got it setup last night and most apps installed.

Not sure I’m going to want it as my main media player though. The home screen is just so messy it doesn’t make for an enjoyable experience.

Even the pinned apps seem to be shown off the initial screen!

Soldato
Anyone played Grim Dawn on the PC? its my favourite ARPG, its getting an Xbox Port, not much details around on it yet though :( im hoping they give it a good XboneX Enhanced version as well.

Seriously now at the point where im just going to ditch my PC for gaming and stay exclusively on the Xbox, its more comfortable sat on the Sofa, the 4K experience is decent enough, i mainly play ARPG's, MMORPGS, Fifa and Forza type games, so console is perfect for these :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Hmmm got it setup last night and most apps installed.

Not sure I’m going to want it as my main media player though. The home screen is just so messy it doesn’t make for an enjoyable experience.

Even the pinned apps seem to be shown off the initial screen!

You're on the home screen for about 5 seconds... Xbox button, pinned apps, choose app, done.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Hmm.... Wtf have they done to the dashboard. Using my headphones when you move along options only the left or right channel make a sound. I don't need that precise bs on the bloody dash ffs. It sounds ****.

I noticed that the other day, first time i've used headphones on the dashboard in ages. Thought my headphones were knackered!

Soldato
You're on the home screen for about 5 seconds... Xbox button, pinned apps, choose app, done.

Still ugly though.

I don't get why i can't just have a custom desktop with pretty icons and have to have loads of game content pop up.

I think the fact i'll be using it 10% of the time for gaming is what's irritating me as i'd prefer more app based content (Amazon/Netflix/Spotify) rather than being told about accomplishments or trying to get me to follow people.

Associate
Has anyone switched to a PS4 or got both? Currently got a One S but there is a lack of exclusives that pull me and quite a lot on PS4 that have me interested. I won't get rid of my One S but I'm wondering if the grass is greener on the other side....

How do they compare?
Is the controller any good?

Soldato
Anyone know why all the console prices have jumped up in the last month?

From historic patterns are they likely to drop back down again soon or is this just the new normal? I'm eyeing up the Assasins Creed Origins bundle on Amazon for £196 but wondering whether to hold off or not.

Soldato
Cant answer the question but I use this browser extension ... Keepa - Amazon Price Tracker. It will let you know all the previous selling prices for something plus you can set low price alerts

Back
Top Bottom