*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone interested in a 30 day game pass code? I can't use it as I used one already and I dont think it would work if you ever subscribed to it before either.

Soldato
How about pausing/rewinding? That's the main thing for us really.

Once you stop paying for Sky they remove that functionality from the box

Only with the Xbox TV tuner AFAIK, if you're using the HDMI input it doesn't record anything because it's designed to control whatever set-top box you're using.

Soldato
Is a Freesat box not an option? I can't think of anything worse (within the confines of this particular topic) than having to turn on a games console just to watch TV, which probably explains why MS don't make much noise about that particular functionality any more.

Soldato
Ah i'm not sure, i've not used it so had assumed it was a reasonably decent experience and would work reasonably the same as a set top box i.e Turn on xbox, it turns the tv on, select watch tv and boom you have tv

Presume it's not quite that straight forward?

We're likely to buy a new TV in the new place so will probably just make sure whatever i choose has a decent inbuilt tuner.

Soldato
If you are trying to retain record functions of a sky plus box on freesat, sky will allow it for around £10 a month. Its what we did with ours for a while. Can't remember whether the pause / rewind functions worked though but you can probably find out from Google.

Soldato
Ah i'm not sure, i've not used it so had assumed it was a reasonably decent experience and would work reasonably the same as a set top box i.e Turn on xbox, it turns the tv on, select watch tv and boom you have tv

Presume it's not quite that straight forward?

We're likely to buy a new TV in the new place so will probably just make sure whatever i choose has a decent inbuilt tuner.
My TV's tuner died in a lightning strike so I bought the tuner for the xbox and have been using it for the past 5 months.

Pros
- The official media remote looks and feels great (albeit an extra expense, it doesn't come with the tuner)
- It's great being able to turn everything on with one button, the xbox, TV and audio system all come on together and it'll load straight into TV each time if you want
- You can jump straight into a game once you're bored of TV
- The rewind/pause functionality is always useful for when you're running late with dinner prep or someone comes to the door
- The favourites system makes keeping track of the best channels easy

Cons
- The media remote doesn't have dedicated channel buttons
- The tuner is quite picky with interference and signal strength
- The channel listing for ITV HD is annoying, it's the only channel that doesn't display what's coming up nor is it placed correctly in the list, you'd think it would sit between 102 and 104 but noooo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom