*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Anyone playing PvZ: Garden Warfare? Quite enjoying it, surprised at how well they've adapted it from the original gameplay style to an FPS. The rush type game mode is great fun too.

Yeah I play it now and again, find it a lot of fun for a couple of hours.

Gardens and Graveyards is the best, The new Gnome Bomb mode is pretty good to.

I have been thinking about getting it as I love the original but what they did to pvz2 makes me never want to give them any of my money ever again.

I was pleasantly surprised, no micro transactions despite the fact they could have easily implemented them as you earn points which you use to buy sticker packs for character upgrades and apparently they've committed to regular free DLC.

Seems to be coming off the back how MS is getting it together with the Apps, Dev once and it works across everything more or less except for UI layouts.

THis could quietly be the biggest change for them.

Only issue right now is the scheme for porting metro apps isnt setup (active?) at the moment, why Plex are going through ID@Xbox to get it onto the XO...

ps3ud0 :cool:

MS are killing the PS4 in terms of adding updates with additional apps and functions.

PS4 seems to get a lot of "stability updates" but not so many functions (including ones that were advertised originally).

Once the games hit both platforms people won't care. But for now I could do with more apps and functions to tinker with while we wait for new games :)

rp2000

It's major BS, it's like NVidia saying they're going to make GTX650 faster than a 290X with new drivers, the hardware simply isn't there.

I'm highly sceptical of that. I can see an extra 10-25% performance perhaps, but a 100% improvement? I'll believe it when I see it.

Me too.

Apparently, I quote, Stardock founder and CEO Brad Wardell DirectX 12 will bring multi-core processing to the Xbox One, allowing the console to offer support for Full HD (1080p) video games instead of just HD (720p) titles.

We will see, might be tempted to buy one then.

Last edited:
Any performance increase is welcome, but we've heard this before (Reduction in allocation of resources to Kinect). I guess both combined would bring a noticeable increase in res/graphics, but 100% increase? That's just feeding the trolls..

Unfortunately the likely scenario here is that a specific set of games gets a significant boost, but the majority will see small to no gains.

Star Swarm has had a decent boost recently on PC, but through an Nvidia driver update, said to utilize some of the development done on DX12. There's a whole lot of speculation based on AMD's Mantle and Microsoft's fears. Although the xbox uses an AMD gpu we may see some real world gains, just don't expect double the performance across the board.

Back
Top Bottom