*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Hey guys, I've got a 3 day gold trail code if anyones needs it. Came in the box of Ryse. I can't apply to it my account so if anyone wants it, give me a shout!

Had a bit of a debacle with my console over the last few weeks. I'm on my second replacement console now (fan went in the first, started making squealing/chirping sounds after about an hour of use).

Microsoft support were great all the way through, and because of the issues they gave me a download of Titanfall, and the lady at the Global Escalation Support (these are the ones that can actually get stuff done it seems), sent me Ryse for free, and 6 months of Xbox Gold!

does anybody here use their Xbox one with a headset ?

I've got my Astro Mixamp Pro + A40s from the 360, and the sound has too much bass. Even moving around the menu on the dash gives a big *thunk* as you do things.

Anybody else experience this ?

Picked up an Xbox One the other day. Got the gamer's pack from Game which is an Xbox One Titanfall edition, Wolfenstein (Occupied Edition), The Fighter Within and 2 Blu rays (Wolverine and the Conjuring) for £399. Not too bad and since I traded in my 360 with 2 games it came to £288.

Some things I've noticed (though some may be user error :p)

It's a bit of a ballache to redeem a code. It took me a while to find where to do it.
Can't auto sign in without Kinect turned on.
Accidentally pressing B when on the dashboard will launch what you game or app you used :mad: :p
Everything in menus seems more difficult to access, having to drill down to get to the options you want. Things were more accessible on the 360 in general.

Having said all of this, I do like the interface and it will only improve with updates I'm sure. The console is completely silent and I really like the controller. Definitely happy with the purchase.

I think redeem code is one of the small tiles when you first enter the game store. I just use the Kinect command though.

Anyone have any idea when new update will be released properly?

does anybody here use their Xbox one with a headset ?

I've got my Astro Mixamp Pro + A40s from the 360, and the sound has too much bass. Even moving around the menu on the dash gives a big *thunk* as you do things.

Anybody else experience this ?

I have noticed this too (using Turtle Beach though), but only since the update. I was playing BF4 on Sat and had no issues.

Playing Watchdogs on Tuesday\Wed and there is this kind of distorted sound.

Tried on both my Xbox One and my sons, same result (different headsets)

I have noticed this too (using Turtle Beach though), but only since the update. I was playing BF4 on Sat and had no issues.

Playing Watchdogs on Tuesday\Wed and there is this kind of distorted sound.

Tried on both my Xbox One and my sons, same result (different headsets)

confirms its the xbox one then and not the mixamp.

May have to try outputting stereo as an experiment and see if it sounds any less boomy.

I've turned Kinect off :D

Why?

I probably don't use mine as much as some people but I would never turn it off, seems a bit pointless.

My most used voice commands are probably 'Xbox record that', and generally just to go to games/apps. It's a hell of a lot easier getting to things like settings, or my games, or friends, etc. just by saying, Xbox go to....

Last edited:
Why?

I probably don't use mine as much as some people but I would never turn it off, seems a bit pointless.

My most used voice commands are probably 'Xbox record that', and generally just to go to games/apps. It's a hell of a lot easier getting to things like settings, or my games, or friends, etc. just by saying, Xbox go to....

No real reason other than it's not in an ideal position. My xbox is in my bedroom and I sit at a desk playing it. It can't be used for games as there's no floor space and there's no room on the desk for it. I may turn it on if I can perch it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom