The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think I'm a fairly open minded person and will usually go to great lengths to at least attempt to understand where someone else's ideas and beliefs might be coming from, whether it be that someone is living amongst the refugee hotels on the coast who will have a differing opinion on the immigrants than I do here in London, or the acceptance of anything non-British by the Chris Wilsons of the world given that they live in a town which likely sees less than 5 foreigners a year, to at least trying to gain some kind of understanding of the CT believers of the world, but I've never managed to rationalize Roar's defense of Musk, it just makes no sense to me. The bloke has just randomly latched on to Musk and will defend everything he does, often at the cost of making himself look an idiot to those who are clearly not seeing his viewpoint. I just don't understand it.

As for tang0, life's too short to try and understand people like that.

Those aligned with the loony left are finding anything to denigrate him because he's been exposing all the lies they've gone along with
I see you are still doing what the MSM are telling you to do. Who would have thought Tang0 has jumped onto the MSM bandwagon.

I like to think I'm a fairly open minded person and will usually go to great lengths to at least attempt to understand where someone else's ideas and beliefs might be coming from, whether it be that someone is living amongst the refugee hotels on the coast who will have a differing opinion on the immigrants than I do here in London, or the acceptance of anything non-British by the Chris Wilsons of the world given that they live in a town which likely sees less than 5 foreigners a year, to at least trying to gain some kind of understanding of the CT believers of the world, but I've never managed to rationalize Roar's defense of Musk, it just makes no sense to me. The bloke has just randomly latched on to Musk and will defend everything he does, often at the cost of making himself look an idiot to those who are clearly not seeing his viewpoint. I just don't understand it.

Here here.

And this is why general election and referendum results come as an alleged shock with plaintive cries of woe to those that just call out those they disagree with, rather than give their views some forethought. There are lots of tang0 and CW types about and they still have a vote, a voice and some "people like that" are able to put their considerable clout to work, ehh Gary? ;)

And this is why general election and referendum results come as an alleged shock with plaintive cries of woe to those that just call out those they disagree with, rather than give their views some forethought. There are lots of tang0 and CW types about and they still have a vote, a voice and some "people like that" are able to put their considerable clout to work, ehh Gary? ;)
You mean like the one where Biden clearly won and then everyone cried election fraud for 2 years and it's still on going? The one where people cried so much and couldn't understand Biden winning that they stormed the capitol building and tried to stop Biden being ceritifed?

Those people?

tang0 believes the 2020 election was stolen. You can't rationalise with the irrational. Good luck trying.

I do find it ironic that people like tang0 who love to bang on about MSM maybe don't know that the first person to say you can't trust MSM was Joseph Goebbels.

tang0 believes the 2020 election was stolen. You can't rationalise with the irrational. Good luck trying.

I do find it ironic that people like tang0 who love to bang on about MSM maybe don't know that the first person to say you can't trust MSM was Joseph Goebbels.
Also that tang0 loves blindly believing MSM while saying we shouldn't blindly believe MSM. Kind of funny.

I think it's important for the species that we aren't confined to having a presence just on Earth, he's trying to put Humans on Mars and it's incredibly important that we achieve that since a catastrophic disaster could mean intelligent life is wiped out in the only place we know it exists. Most people on here get upset that he posted something they don't like on Twitter and miss the much bigger picture of him trying to advance the species.

Last edited:
I think it's important for the species that we aren't confined to having a presence just on Earth, he's trying to put Humans on Mars and it's incredibly important that we achieve that since a catastrophic disaster could mean intelligent life is wiped out in the only place we know it exists. Most people on here get upset that he posted something they don't like on Twitter and miss the much bigger picture of him trying to advance the species.

Yeah, that’s a fine goal to have, but the trouble is that we do not have anywhere near the technology required to even GET people safely and happily to Mars, let alone actually live there.

Transfer time to Mars is about 6-9 months with current rocket technology, which is what Starship uses, and you then have to wait 2 years for another transfer window in order to get home, assuming you have managed to make enough fuel while you’re there, and that is a whole separate issue by itself. Starship has yet to get above 12km, and the booster has only fired once at half power - I give it a decade before anyone is brace enough to even set foot on it for launch, let alone it’s re-entry.

That’s even if it’s capable of surviving re-entry - it’s all material that hasn’t been used for it that purpose, so I look forward to seeing if it’ll work or not.

Once on Mars, the slightest mistake will result in instant death. Issues with supplies, food or water will result in a slightly slower death. I mean, I’d love to visit another planet, but 18 months in a tin can and a battle for survival on the surface for almost 2 years? Yeah, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom