The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Auntie Beeb reporters are rather delicate flowers it seems, the old adage of whether to enter hot kitchens comes to mind. Hilarious shameless stuff!

I was ambivalent to Mr. Musk, but I am swaying to a more positive opinion of late.
Of course. You don't see any issues with Elon and how you dealt with that disabled employee. That is fine because when a BBC program comes out showing hate is on the rise on twitter, Elon laughs and memes back and doesn't take the increase in hate seriously. What's not to like!

"my firing of staff, reducing programs that stopped hate, has caused women to experience more sexual harassment, more hate, messages hinting they will hang her, what do I care, lmao she deserves it"

Hard men "I like this, the good old way of treating women, I like that I can freely post content again, the content that used to get users banned is now allowed. Elon is good in my view for this."

Last edited:
What some people in this thread think Elon does
Elon, our avatar of infinite possibility, our usher to the remade world, where shopworn practices are cast aside and the unprecedented becomes logical, where Earth and humanity can still be saved.

What Elon actually does
Elon "I made it so our press email replies with a poo emoji"

This BBC reporter saw the result of having a prize ***** in charge of Twitter.

And this is really not surprising, from the article where she talks about asking for comments from Twitter..what a sad little man.

Sorry, are you posting this ironically?

Sorry, are you posting this ironically?
Well it certainly seems to sum up Musks attitude, "trolls are fun".

As long as you're the guy who can ban their accounts and they're only going after people you don't care about unless you realise that you owe them $100 million when you direct your trolls at them, or the courts start going after you for not upholding the laws you are legally required to abide by in order to operate.

Well it certainly seems to sum up Musks attitude, "trolls are fun".

As long as you're the guy who can ban their accounts and they're only going after people you don't care about unless you realise that you owe them $100 million when you direct your trolls at them, or the courts start going after you for not upholding the laws you are legally required to abide by in order to operate.

I mean, there's abuse online, on every platform. To act like it's a unique issue to Twitter is laughable. Did the BBC do an investigation into Valorant or any popular online game yet, or is just Twitter they're aware of?

I mean, there's abuse online, on every platform. To act like it's a unique issue to Twitter is laughable. Did the BBC do an investigation into Valorant or any popular online game yet, or is just Twitter they're aware of?

Who is acting like its unique, certainly not me.

But to compare Twitter to online games is as ridiculous as most of your simping, apologetic nonsense in support of a pretty crappy human being.

Who is acting like its unique, certainly not me.

But to compare Twitter to online games is as ridiculous as most of your simping, apologetic nonsense in support of a pretty crappy human being.

You were abusive on Twitter though, the irony of your post calling out the trolling on Twitter while you yourself did that, and also calling Elon Musk a crappy human being for not stopping trolling - something you actively participated in? JFC

This is it, a certain set of people were allowed to spread lies, abuse, troll, wish death upon the people they despised and they got away with it for so long.
If any of their targets tried to reply in the same manner they were banned.
Elon Musk has brought some balance and heads are exploding, so many are foaming at the mouth that others can call out their lies without being banned.
So many are now in tears that when they give abuse that they get some back.

So yes if you are one of those who believes everyone needs to be censored who doesn't agree with you...IT SUCKS FOR YOU

Even Clown World picked up on the BBCs stupid headline.
4FS3GGw.jpeg

TrdnsCE.jpeg

If your head exploded then this him/her/she/they/xe/xes/dkjhsdjkhfhgikjf can relate with you.

Or maybe people just need to grow a f backbone..

Oh no, someones words on the internet hurt me.

BLOCK

Fixed.

So if a group of people pile on someone for whatever the reason they should just say sticks and stones? Not everyone is as strong as you, maybe they have a mental health problems, suffer from anxiety. Does that mean they can't use Twitter because they don't "have a backbone"?

So if a group of people pile on someone for whatever the reason they should just say sticks and stones? Not everyone is as strong as you, maybe they have a mental health problems, suffer from anxiety. Does that mean they can't use Twitter because they don't "have a backbone"?

"Colonel_Klinck reacted to your post in the thread Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar with Haha."

No, if they have mental health problems or a weak constitution choosing to go on social media expecting everyone without those disabilities to speak softly and avoid all confrontation is both selfish and unrealistic. If they choose to venture onto social media they should know, or have it clearly indicated that it is a confrontational medium where people are free to robustly present opposing opinions.

No, if they have mental health problems or a weak constitution choosing to go on social media expecting everyone without those disabilities to speak softly and avoid all confrontation is both selfish and unrealistic. If they choose to venture onto social media they should know, or have it clearly indicated that it is a confrontational medium where people are free to robustly present opposing opinions.
Does that apply to users here too? What do you think to roar calling on the mods to have a post removed that he didn't like because it had a friendly nickname for him?

Besides, it's irrelevant what we agree people should or shouldn't experience. The point is, that the hate has increased since Elon took over. Isn't that the point? You can defend it all you want and say "well people should expect it", but then you get users on here arguing for days that when they hear advertisers ditching twitter due to Musk, they say ah it's due to activists and not Musk, while ignoring that hate has increased in the platform.

If you think so little of Musk and think he shouldn't do better than that, then that is your problem, but many think Musk is capable of sorting that problem out, not encouraging it.

Does that apply to users here too? What do you think to roar calling on the mods to have a post removed that he didn't like because it had a friendly nickname for him?

Besides, it's irrelevant what we agree people should or shouldn't experience. The point is, that the hate has increased since Elon took over. Isn't that the point? You can defend it all you want and say "well people should expect it", but then you get users on here arguing for days that when they hear advertisers ditching twitter due to Musk, they say ah it's due to activists and not Musk, while ignoring that hate has increased in the platform.

If you think so little of Musk and think he shouldn't do better than that, then that is your problem, but many think Musk is capable of sorting that problem out, not encouraging it.

I think Musk can, within the relevant laws, do what the hell he likes with Twitter, and if his fancies cause it to falter or fold, upset advertisers or upset elements of the user base, it's his prerogative to do all or any of that.

My honest belief is it had a pretty blatant political bias enabled by those that were running it, and those that made use of that bias to promote their agendas and silence dissenters are now agog with indignity that their cloistered meeting place has had the doors and windows thrown wide asunder.

Last edited:
My honest belief is it had a pretty blatant political bias enabled by those that were running it, and those that made use of that bias to promote their agendas and silence dissenters are now agog with indignity that their cloistered meeting place has had the windows thrown wide asunder
Whatver helps you sleep at night.

I guess ignorance is bliss best sums up some views as to why they don't want Elon to do better.

Last edited:
"Colonel_Klinck reacted to your post in the thread Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar with Haha."

Sorry is a haha smile a pile on, is it bullying, racist, sexist, anti sematic, anything along those lines?

And considering the insults you have thrown at people you wouldn't be one to criticise anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom