The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen reports John Mc Cain's son is furious his father's account now says he paid and had his phone number verified. Can't check as his account is limited. What is Elon thinking labelling dead people's accounts as having paid, been verified and so endorse Twitter by doing so?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Seen reports John Mc Cain's son is furious his father's account now says he paid and had his phone number verified. Can't check as his account is limited. What is Elon thinking labelling dead people's accounts as having paid, been verified and so endorse Twitter by doing so?

Yikes. That's crossing a line.

Just seeing it looks like Musk has now blue ticked pretty much every account that had over a million followers.
Including accounts that were never previously verified

Can someone remind me again what the blue tick is meant to show:
So far it seems it's gone:
Someone who has proven who they are, and it was given because they were notable (original)
Someone who has paid musk
Someone who has not paid musk but Musk doesn't want their accounts not to be verified because that looks bad and so he's "comping them" (against their wishes)
Any popular account including those that don't pay musk and were never previously verified.
Accounts belonging to people who are dead.

How soon till you get a blue tick token in your shreddies? At least when you buy a packet of shreddies you get to eat the packet.

Why do you keep saying paid Musk, even the mods are trolling now. Hilarious. I should go through my Amazon orders to see how many times I've "paid bezos"

Last edited:
Why do you keep saying paid Musk, even the mods are trolling now. Hilarious. I should go through my Amazon orders to see how many times I've "paid bezos"
Because to put it simply Musk IS Twitter. There is now one person who owns twitter, one person who is making policy for twitter, one person who is the only point of contact for any form of authorised reply, and that person is actively mocking people who disagree with his policies and doing things that are probably making making non twitter lawyers rub their hands in glee, and any lawyers who still work for Twitter put their heads in their hands.

Twitter pre musk didn't force people to pay to get verified, Twitter pre Musk didn't force people who didn't ask for it to have a blue check.
Twitter Pre musk actually had legal people who understood the possible consequences of shoving a sign of endorsement on accounts of people who publicly said they disagreed with what that endorsement indicated.

Every time Musk has touched the blue tick he's devalued it even further, it's now not even a sign that you've paid (despite it saying so).

You mean like all those other websites where you can be gifted a free sub. Jfc. This is now worse than the Trump derangement
Do the other websites do it without notifying you?
Do they do it despite you saying no?
Do they mention it's possible in their T&C before it starts happening?

Musk has done this without warning, without a covering T&C and is actively mocking those that are stating they don't want one of his ticks.

Last edited:
You mean like all those other websites where you can be gifted a free sub. Jfc. This is now worse than the Trump derangement

Gifting something on another website doesn't come with a label that you have paid and verified your number and the implication you endorse the product.

The only TDS was from those defending him at all costs. Hmm I'm kind of spotting a pattern here Roar. You think placing a label on dead people's accounts stating they have paid and verified their number is ok?

Every time Musk has touched the blue tick he's devalued it even further, it's now not even a sign that you've paid (despite it saying so).

He's actually turned it into an Internet STD no one wants it (apart from a few strange men that want everyone else to have it as well) and when people get it they want to get rid of it or tell people who gave it to them

Last edited:
I wonder how Khashoggi's family feel about his account saying he paid and verified considering the Saudi's own a big chuck of Twitter and their leader had him cut up with a bone saw?

Oh and he clearly didn't pay or get his number verified.

Kassohgi.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom