The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
Who could possibly have guessed when Musk IIRC got rid of the dedicated teams at twitter that co-ordinated with the likes of law enforcement and international agencies, and gutted the moderating teams that this sort of thing might happen.

Well apart from anyone who understood the reasons those teams who did little if any programming and didn't tend to commit lines of code existed.

Hopefully he can get back on top of it, but I doubt it's going to be any sort of priority for him and it's unlikely that many of the people with the skills and training are going to want to work for someone like him, especially as he is known to sack any employee who dares speak the truth or tries to suggest that "going fast, breaking things" is not a great idea when it comes to content moderation and protections.
I'm not going to be at all surprised if it turns out some of the "unnecessary" process and services he shut down to "speed things up" related to things like the servers that check uploaded images and video, or he's removed capacity from those systems to reduce costs.

Reactions: JRS
Suspended
Last edited:
Caporegime
Haha i remember her, everything about her screamed total grifter and yet legions of dunces fell for it.

I don't know what it is with right-wing Americans and their complete inability to spot blatant grifting, fascinates me.

It is odd. For example, Trump is the most ridiculously obvious con artist/liar in the public sphere, yet ~40% of the USA seem utterly fixated with him and think he can do no wrong.

Utter absurdity.

It is odd. For example, Trump is the most ridiculously obvious con artist/liar in the public sphere, yet ~40% of the USA seem utterly fixated with him and think he can do no wrong.

Utter absurdity.

Its pride.

Forget the proper phrasing but "to fool someone you only need to exceed their intelligence, to get them to admit they have been fooled you need to exceed their pride"

Easy fix for Elon if he really wants the world townhall of free speech.

1) Pay off the venture funders with his massive excessive wealth, he's just gained a fortune and he doesn't care about money we are told.
2) Use the massive interest savings to hire a team of people who can moderate the platform within the law, give back confidence to advertisers
3) Run the platform at a small loss / revenue neutral with no share holders to expect improving results

IF I was the richest man in world and wanted to have THE townhall of free speech for the globe thats how I would go about it...

Last edited:
Soldato
I doubt it was direct government censorship.

The top people on the left are very good at putting their money where their mouth is. Where as the top people on the right prefer to moan and complain.

He seems willing to blame others when he's causing some of the problems himself.

He should be aiming for a utopian platform allowing everything that is legal in the US. Not getting involved in the culture wars.

But then he wouldn't be headline news all the time, and how would his narcissism be fed...?
I was thinking about this the other day. He's not really been tweet worthy for a short while now. I'm expecting something crazy to be said by him any day now so that he gets those retweets that he needs.

I wonder if he will get the staff to change the algorithm again so that his accounts is pushed to more users

I was thinking about this the other day. He's not really been tweet worthy for a short while now. I'm expecting something crazy to be said by him any day now so that he gets those retweets that he needs.

I wonder if he will get the staff to change the algorithm again so that his accounts is pushed to more users

There is a bit of chatter about the first Tucker show but not as much as I think they had hoped for

Maybe we will see another "detailed Elon peace initiative" soon ;)

70 million views in 16 hours.....

Its not about views, its to drive reaction, thats what drives more views
There was limited chatter about it, as I wrote.

I don't believe for 1 minute 70 million people watched that drivel. Although I watched the start for the lols as it came up on my feed so maybe I am one of them.
In that case then its easy to see how.

Caporegime
Soldato
Last edited:
Suspended
What does that tell you about America given the content?
It's worldwide not just the US.
And is that 70m views of the whole video or 70m people who pushed play?
No idea, I believe that's just folks who viewed the tweet tbh (Edit: as per Visibleman's post, even 17millon is still pretty good and puts 'legacy' media to shame i ebeilve - he was always going to do pretty good views after he was fired from Fox, he was the most watched in his time slot after all)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom