The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
What does that tell you about America given the content?

And is that 70m views of the whole video or 70m people who pushed play?
probably 50 m illion of that is chinese phone farms

anyone who thinks all these celebs, influenzas and their PR companies aren't buying clicks must be conspiracy theorists
clicks = influence, don't forget to hit the like button.

loadsa of youtube vids are fake comments too saying X celebrity is amazing or whatever and trying to convince advertisers etc with sentiment that these people have more influence than they really do.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
It's worldwide not just the US.

I'd like to see a breakdown of where users live who clicked on it.

No idea, I believe that's just folks who viewed the tweet tbh (Edit: as per Visibleman's post, even 17millon is still pretty good and puts 'legacy' media to shame i ebeilve - he was always going to do pretty good views after he was fired from Fox, he was the most watched in his time slot after all)

The problem as arknor points out below is we don't even know how many clicks are real people. What happened to Elon sorting the bots out? Never even gets a mention anymore.

Of course he was going to get views, the man made a career out of pushing fear and conspiracies because he and Fox knew their audience. All he had to do is dish up more of the same and his old viewership would lap it up.

anyone who thinks all these celebs, influenzas and their PR companies aren't buying clicks must be conspiracy theorists
clicks = influence, don't forget to hit the like button.

loadsa of youtube vids are fake comments too saying X celebrity is amazing or whatever and trying to convince advertisers etc with sentiment that these people have more influence than they really do.

Soldato
No idea, I believe that's just folks who viewed the tweet tbh (Edit: as per Visibleman's post, even 17millon is still pretty good and puts 'legacy' media to shame i ebeilve - he was always going to do pretty good views after he was fired from Fox, he was the most watched in his time slot after all)
It's worth pointing out that Twitter counts a user that watched '2 seconds' (or more) with 50% of the player viewable (in the browser) as a 'view' (https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/media-studio-analytics) and, the same user and multiple devices can also count towards that total figure.
Whereas (i believe) 'legacy' TV ratings work from sampled viewers and requires watching at least a minute or more to be marked down as a 'view'. And on top of that, most figures aren't global.
So the metrics aren't directly comparable like some of the infographics floating around would have you thinking.

But even at 17m, +/- a few million, it's still fairly decent. Question is, will Tucker be able to keep it going?

Caporegime

Tucker's video will have an overwhelming percentage of real views. He was a huge drawcard for Fox, and regularly enjoyed outstanding figures. It's no surprise this success has transferred to his Twitter debut, where he has full editorial control and no network lawyers to worry about.

Last edited:
Soldato

E2oozRG.jpg

Associate

Will be interesting to see how this pans out

The letter quoted by Axios refers to Carlson's contract, and said its former prime time star was "prohibited from rendering services of any type whatsoever, whether 'over the internet via streaming or similar distribution, or other digital distribution whether now known or hereafter devised.'"

Has he technically rendered a service by posting on social media?

Also thanks to NYC being "woke" and having judges appointed by sane people the courts aren't as friendly to business as some other states which makes non competes hard to enforce.

Meta's chief product officer Chris Cox said coding was under way on the platform. The tech giant aims to release it soon, although no date was given. There is some speculation that it could be as early as the end of June.

the Instagram community is enormous. Meta says it has around two billion users, which dwarfs the 300 million that are believed to use Twitter - although its figures can no longer be verified.
If even 25% of Instagram users can be coaxed into using P92 (it will undoubtedly have a sexier name when it launches), it will instantly become bigger than its older rival.

Soldato
Is this VincentHanna endorsing that ridiculous left wing conspiracy theory about gender critical people carrying out some sort of genocide against 2SLGBTQI+ more acceptable? See, I can project too.

Following Musk's tweets for a while leads me to believe this is more about speech, affirming care and the rush to medicate and operate on kids in the US. The extent of which nobody really knows, as questioning makes you transphobic, while the other side just say "it's not happening" in the face of seemingly legit accounts that it does or that stopping it cause kids to commit suicide. /shrugs.

Keep bring this topic up though, posts will just get deleted or the thread disappeared. OcUK don't want discussions about trans people on this forum as it always gets nasty and it isn't good for business having the hot topic of the so called 'culture war' brought to their doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom