The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
...not really interested in some random Youtuber with one sided views either
SuJcs.gif

Soldato
I think you'd perhaps have grounds for complaint if you'd actually watched any of the multiple Elon Musk interviews I'd posted. I'm pretty sure he even speaks about FSD in the last one I linked.

Thing is Roar, I simply don't believe him. He has lied about FSD for years. He said in 2017 they could make trucks follow each other in convoy from point A to B, it was ready, they could do it. That was a lie. He's said for years FSD is better than humans but it isn't and it will amongst other issues randomly steer into oncoming traffic or just stop when there is no need to do so. He claimed in 2019 they'd have a million cheap robo -taxis on the road in 2020, that they would earn the owner thousands of $ a year and raised 2.3$b from that claim but it was a lie, he had to admit it was a lie in 2020. So when I hear Elon speak about any of these things I just see a man who lies and why would I believe a liar? Now if he was to admit he's lied for the past decade and be honest then maybe I would take his claims with something other than a barrel full of salt

Last edited:
Soldato
Thing is Roar, I simply don't believe him. He has lied about FSD for years. He said in 2017 they could make trucks follow each other in convoy from point A to B, it was ready, they could do it. That was a lie. He's said for years FSD is better than humans but it isn't and it will amongst other issues randomly steer into oncoming traffic or just stop when there is no need to do so. He claimed in 2019 they'd have a million cheap robo -taxis on the road in 2020, that they would earn the owner thousands of $ a year and raised 2.3$b from that claim but it was a lie, he had to admit it was a lie in 2020. So when I hear Elon speak about any of these things I just see a man who lies and why would I believe a liar? Now if he was to admit he's lied for the past decade and be honest then maybe I would take his claims with something other than a barrel full of salt

A Tesla steering into oncoming traffic in a single or tiny number of incidents doesn't make it worse than a human, because a human will drive a van off a bridge, or kill 10 people driving a bus back from a wedding as happened in Australia (I think it was) yesterday. Road traffic accidents kill tens of thousands of people each year, obviously most of them caused by humans. For Elon to state FSD is better than a human, it almost certainly is. It doesn't mean it's flawless, eventually it will be, but in 100 years time someone's drunk Uncle will still plow headfirst into a brick wall and kill a toddler.

It's weird you insist on calling him a liar, you don't think he can make trucks follow each other in a convoy using Tesla's technology? You don't think a Tesla is currently better than a human? The bar is pretty low to be better than a human by the way.

Caporegime

I'm pretty sure there isn't enough data to prove that humans are better than ai at driving.

Have you actually gathered the data there?

A two second Google shows there has been zero fatalities from autonomous driving.

"According to this report, the average Tesla equipped with FSD Beta, driven on predominantly non-highway sections of road, crashes 0.31 times per million miles, a dramatic decrease from the average American, who crashes 1.53 times every million miles."

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm pretty sure there isn't enough data to prove that humans are better than ai at driving.

Have you actually gathered the data there?

A two second Google shows there has been zero fatalities from autonomous driving.

"According to this report, the average Tesla equipped with FSD Beta, driven on predominantly non-highway sections of road, crashes 0.31 times per million miles, a dramatic decrease from the average American, who crashes 1.53 times every million miles."

That is because auto pilot turns off just before the impact. There are no shortage of videos from owners showing the car do crazy things so they then have to intervene. Would you trust one to drive you everywhere with no one sat in the drivers seat? Would you trust a professional driver to drive you everywhere every day? If the answer to the first is no, then you don't think it is safer than the human

Last edited:
Soldato
A Tesla steering into oncoming traffic in a single or tiny number of incidents doesn't make it worse than a human, because a human will drive a van off a bridge, or kill 10 people driving a bus back from a wedding as happened in Australia (I think it was) yesterday. Road traffic accidents kill tens of thousands of people each year, obviously most of them caused by humans. For Elon to state FSD is better than a human, it almost certainly is. It doesn't mean it's flawless, eventually it will be, but in 100 years time someone's drunk Uncle will still plow headfirst into a brick wall and kill a toddler.

It's weird you insist on calling him a liar, you don't think he can make trucks follow each other in a convoy using Tesla's technology? You don't think a Tesla is currently better than a human? The bar is pretty low to be better than a human by the way.

I call him a lair because he lies. When someone makes a claim they know is a lie, that makes them a liar Roar.

You know the amount of Tesla on the road compared to every other car is tiny right?

So you would trust a Tesla to drive you around all day and night in various weather conditions with no one sat in the driver seat? Or would you want someone sat there in case it did something stupid? We don't trust planes to fly themselves with no pilots on board so why would you trust a car that doesn't have to pass any of the regulations that that plane software does? Yes humans make mistakes, we get distracted, we get tired but AI aren't meant to make mistakes, they don't get distracted. And it all comes back to the fact he has said for years it could do it better than humans but it still can't. It couldn't in 2017 and it still can't now. And personally I don't think the rest of us should have beta software driving cars on the roads with us. Test that stuff on closed courses until you have it perfected.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The thing with FSD is that all car companies hyper it up in 2017-2019 as being round the corner, yet it is now clear we are not quite there yet. However, what is obvious is that Tesla are lagging far behind the competition. All major car companies and tech companies like Google/waymo are moving closer and have reached various milestones , but Tesla is just falling ever further behind.

What makes it worse is Tesla was selling expensive FSD packages 5 years ago , the cars wont be on the road before FSD is available. That is just plain fraud.

I quite like Tesla cars in general, but they no longer have a technology advantage in the EV space and, are far behind ever getting FSD, and their manufacturing process cost is still far less efficient than the real car players. The likes if Ford and VW will leave them for dead within 5 years

Soldato
The thing with FSD is that all car companies hyper it up in 2017-2019 as being round the corner, yet it is now clear we are not quite there yet. However, what is obvious is that Tesla are lagging far behind the competition. All major car companies and tech companies like Google/waymo are moving closer and have reached various milestones , but Tesla is just falling ever further behind.

What makes it worse is Tesla was selling expensive FSD packages 5 years ago , the cars wont be on the road before FSD is available. That is just plain fraud.

I quite like Tesla cars in general, but they no longer have a technology advantage in the EV space and, are far behind ever getting FSD, and their manufacturing process cost is still far less efficient than the real car players. The likes if Ford and VW will leave them for dead within 5 years

I've ridden in several Tesla and they seem like nice cars and are rapid in a straight line. I was out on my 1290 Superduke and set off at a set of lights and this car was right next to me, I wasn't really gunning it but fully opened the throttle and it wasn't far behind me, that thing really could accelerate.

You are right the FSD is fraud. People paying £7k in the UK for years for something that doesn't do what he said it would 5 years ago. Full Self Driving should be exactly that but its self driving with your hands and feet ready to take control when it does something dangerous.

Well this was the main crux of the video (not sure if you watched it)
Right now the legacy car manufacturers are all I would say in a more precarious position than Tesla, but the ones that come out the otherside of the transition to EVs will likely have offerings that are significantly better than Tesla.

I am still not convinced that we will see full autonomous in the real world. There needs to be a serious reckoning first on who is liable when a automated driving car has the choice between definitely hitting a person in the road or mounting a pavement where it MAY hit someone.
For example. That shouldnt be for the car makers to decide, but government. Do you risk the life of a child in say a 50/50 situation vs the 100% chance of killing someone in the road who shouldn't be.

My other halves company have now removed all Teslas as car options as they have sucked up large bills due to problems with parts after accidents. The build quality issues are well documented.

There is some kind of battle going on in regards FSD on resale although whilst I see comments about it on twitter (no idea why, I must have not gone past one fast enough) I am not sure of the details.

Quite funny to see Elons comments about BYD. that didnt age well ;)

Soldato
That is because auto pilot turns off just before the impact. There are no shortage of videos from owners showing the car do crazy things so they then have to intervene. Would you trust one to drive you everywhere with no one sat in the drivers seat? Would you trust a professional driver to drive you everywhere every day? If the answer to the first is no, then you don't think it is safer than the human
The pro fsd evangelist's need to consider that Musk's recent membership to the moratorium on AI club - isn't without personal insight - some of the first AI homicides were courtesy of his products
The tesla that crashed into the side of the overturned lorry (driver survived) should tell the evangelists all they need to know.
maybe tesla should release their FSD algorithm as part of a computer driving game with a bug finding bounty for scenarios the fsd is not trained on, or, did they already.

Commissario
I'm just seeing that Musk is determined to remove some of the last vestiges of use that companies etc have for Twitter.

In order to "fight spam" only "verified users" will be able to DM people that don't follow them.

There go the companies that use Twitter to assist in CS, as they're not going to follow everyone who needs a hand with an order query, and humans aren't going to sign up to be verified in order to solve the odd CS issue etc, bots on the other hand won't have an issue with doing it as it's just a few dollars a month more to the cost of operating them.

Of all the possibly solutions to dealing with the spam DM issues this is the most stupid possibly one, it's not going to stop the bots that are spamming for money, and it hurts Twitters usability for both individuals and companies.

I mean the more sensible way to do it would have been to, I don't know, done something like they do for email where if an account is sending a lot of messages to users that don't follow it, it treats it as spam...
Probably no harder to code, and doesn't kill off twitter as a method for companies and organisations to keep in touch with customers and the like.

Soldato
Given API costs, i imagine a good chunk of companies have stripped out Twitter integration from their 'service desk' platforms.

But from my limited experience, companies generally use DM's for more 'secure'/personal queries whereas typically they would just Tweet reply to standard queries/questions. And for the former, and unless i've got the wrong end of the stick, couldn't companies (which we'll assume are verified) initiate the DM after their customer does the initial Tweet contact?

It does seem a bit arse about elbow though...

Last edited:
Soldato
Well this was the main crux of the video (not sure if you watched it)
Right now the legacy car manufacturers are all I would say in a more precarious position than Tesla, but the ones that come out the otherside of the transition to EVs will likely have offerings that are significantly better than Tesla.

I am still not convinced that we will see full autonomous in the real world. There needs to be a serious reckoning first on who is liable when a automated driving car has the choice between definitely hitting a person in the road or mounting a pavement where it MAY hit someone.
For example. That shouldnt be for the car makers to decide, but government. Do you risk the life of a child in say a 50/50 situation vs the 100% chance of killing someone in the road who shouldn't be.

My other halves company have now removed all Teslas as car options as they have sucked up large bills due to problems with parts after accidents. The build quality issues are well documented.

There is some kind of battle going on in regards FSD on resale although whilst I see comments about it on twitter (no idea why, I must have not gone past one fast enough) I am not sure of the details.

Quite funny to see Elons comments about BYD. that didnt age well ;)

It is amazing how people just ignore this. It will take someone or the family of someone famous/powerful being killed by FSD and then the **** will hit the fan

Soldato
people don't know how to use google as already said, too busy following **** on twitter

LOL 27th April : Elon Musk ordered to ‘stop using deepfake excuse’ in fatal Tesla crash case
Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Evette D Pennypacker said she found Tesla's argument for why its billionaire chief executive should not testify “deeply troubling to the court”.
The company had argued that it could not vouch for the authenticity of videotaped interviews which show Mr Musk pushing its driver-assistance technology, saying it is possible some of them were digitally altered.
The judge wrote: “Their position is that because Mr Musk is famous and might be more of a target for deep fakes, his public statements are immune.
“In other words, Mr Musk, and others in his position, can simply say whatever they like in the public domain, then hide behind the potential for their recorded statements being a deep fake to avoid taking ownership of what they did actually say and do.

Soldato
Do you accept that children have been exposed to sexualised behaviour at drag shows targeted at children and Pride events or not? If not then you're denying the reality backed up by countless evidence, if you do then there's nothing to argue about.

You're trying to make it a war against gay and trans people which absolutely is not the case.

Do you think the below is okay?

Why does Musk allow this on Twitter, he is clearly bought out by the Lib illuminati. Ban Twitter now, preserve the Christian family, ban all social media from Musk's dirty fingers. And while you're at it, ban yourself for posting such filth, we have children on here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom